Description

There's something different about my next door neighbor. His entire house is candle-lit, and rumor has it that at 4:00 each morning, a dead dog is found on his front lawn , to only disappear at 5 . I never believed it. Not until the day I walked past his house, only to see his washed out door slightly ajar. Then I walked in.

Clutching my precious mug of hot chocolate to my chest, I tiptoed into the house, only to find it pitch black. Very typical, and exactly what I read on the Pleasant Gazette, the magazine that has published every single detail of the artwork that is my family.

But what I didn't expect was for the house to suddenly turn a glowing amber, as if on a movie set, (since no place could be that yellow without some form of technology) and for a skinny, lanky teenager to come to the weathered, wooden doorstep. In the articles stashed under my bed, a person was never featured.

I definitely didn't expect him to invite me in for a cup of coffee, and to shoo me out five minutes later screaming " Don't come back! I'm watching you!". Duh. Of course I'm coming back.

But there were three things I knew: 1. I'd just found my new best friend, 2. He is a definite people hater, and 3. He is a bright burst of sunshine (no sarcasm intended).

Meet Avery Cost. She's impulsive, slightly immature, easy going and definitely friendly- to the point where it becomes off-putting. She doesn't have a lot of friends, none, actually, and the fact that's she's lesbian doesn't tick all the boxes of fitting in (in a catholic school). 

Meet the Cost family. Deeply religious, absolute nuts, loud, heart of gossip on Pleasant Lane, but ultimately the best family you could ever have.

Their next door neighbor, Mr.Sir, is going to have one, put nicely, idiosyncratic roller coaster ride, involving some harsh jokes, weird texts, dangerous sparring, plenty of masses, and mugs of hot chocolate!

Hi! Thanks for reading, and let me know what you think in the comments, because I have no idea what my writing is like :/. Anyway, I will be updating once a week, probably on a Friday