Part One: Jeff

"We've been climbing for hours now," I said, as I hooked a rock with my sophisticated new climbing gear. "Why can't we just go into that cave and rest up for a bit?"

"Do you want to die?" Steven replied, out of breath, staring at the long journey he still had ahead of him. 

"Uh, no, why exactly would we die? It looks safe enough to to me, Steven. Plus, we have knifes. Just chill out." 

"We only have a few more miles, anyhow. We can always rest later up the mountain." Herring had always been the leader of the group for as long as I can remember. 

"Alright, fish breath," Steven remarked as he lifted himself up onto a nearby tree branch that overlooked what used to be the village.

"Come on man, you know I can't handle that nickname." Herring whimpered, but he didn't show that he was emotionally hurt. He never shows us his feelings. Figures. Hours have passed since that conversation and we still haven't rested. I then decided something very risky just to get some attention around here. I then proceeded to grab a large stone with my grapple and started to dislodge it from the large mountain face. My friends then looked at me in shock as it leaned out of its crevice in the side of the slope and tumbled down the cliff, almost smashing Steven.

"Dude, what the hell?" He fumed as he tried to run up the cliff side to punch me in the gut. "I just bought these new pants." Herring and I both looked as his new pair of skinny jeans, already starting to tear.

"Are you serious? You're wearing skinny jeans to a climbing expedition?" Herring laughed intensely as he watched Steven try and scale a boulder. He fell, of course. As we neared our destination, I turned back and noticed a growing black dot slightly growing by the second. I whipped out my binoculars to get a better 'lay of the land' as some people say. 

"Uh, guys. You might want to check this out." I croaked, the sight bringing vomit to the base of my throat. 

"What now, Jeff. Did you loose something again?"

"Not exactly."

"Let me have a go at these. It's not like I get to use them a lot," Steven whined. "please?"

"Fine."

"Thanks guys, I guess I owe you one." Steven said, almost tearing them out of my hands.

"Well, what do you see?"

"We ought to get going then," Steven remarked, right before he retched on the ground right near Herrings pack. "like now."