authors note :)

this story wasn't at all what it was supposed to be. it turned out absolutely shitty & I realized I'm so much better at writing science fiction/fantasy than I am with teen fiction. also, while writing one of the previous chapters, I stumbled across a conundrum: I have no true experience with a real, love connection; something so raw and beautiful that I could shape it into some sort of sappy romance novel. but here I am, with a vast knowledge about people who care, people who don't, and people who love with their entire beings.

dreary daydreams isn't just a teenage tale of first love. it's a story of accepting who you truly are without needing someone to fill the cracks inside of you; a lesson to be learned that yes, people disappoint, and yes, they most definitely will leave, but no matter what, you should always stay true to yourself, because you matter. your thoughts matter, your feelings matter, you matter.

this isn't a story of happy endings, because when it comes to love, things aren't always happy, and things don't always work out. but that's okay, because you are you: a beautifully independent, intelligent, warming soul with a heart the size of the moon.

by writing this story, I wanted dreary daydreams to prove that even though you're not in love, you must always love yourself to be truly happy.

love on, little cuties.
-- cordelia k.