Chapter 2

Mackenzie's POV;
Before we all went to the sleepover, Lani dropped us off at our houses to get changed into our pajamas and to get clothes for tomorrow.

Chloe was dropped off first, then Josh and Brandon, and I was last. I stood in the mirror contemplating on what to wear for pajamas.

I wore regular purple pajamas with Starbucks drinks on them. I curled my hair, then pulled it up into a ponytail. A small amount of eyeliner and mascara was applied to my clean skin.

Not to be conceded at all, but in my school I was considered a perfect girl. Perfect face, perfect clothes, perfect grades, perfect life.

But really, I live in the shadow of my older sister Maddie. She's so great to everybody, I'll "never be like her" my old dance teacher said.

I quit dance forever, because I was sick of being torn down by hate. I sighed and picked up my backpack filled with clothes.

"Mom! I'm going to a sleepover," I screamed up the staircase.

"Okay, hon!" My mom screamed back. She was busy getting Madison ready for the movie she was filming.

I swung the door open and slammed it shut. Kalani was waiting outside, with Chloe already in the car. The boys were going to meet us at Kalani's house.

I hopped in, and the girls complimented me on my outfit. Or pajama's I should say.

When we finally arrived, Kalani lead us up the large staircase leading to her room. We've all been here millions of times, but the excitement of entering the huge house never died.

The boys beeped the horn when they got to her house, and Chloe ran outside greeting Josh. She jumped into his arms and they hugged. Gosh, they're such a cute couple.

"Aren't you guys so excited!" Chloe screeched. She was very peppy, explaining why everyone liked her. She was also very beautiful, and she had perfect grades.

Her long blonde hair was pulled into a messy bun, the neon pink pajama's really complimented her skin tone. She was very tan.

Kalani's hair was out and straightened, and she was on her phone probably texting her mom about the sleepover we're having.

Brandon smiled at me and I smiled back. I didn't like him, but he liked me. Also, Kalani had liked him since 3rd grade, and now we're in 10th. I feel bad, because I know he doesn't like her.

I mean, I don't know how somebody could not like Kalani Hilliker. She's tall, unlike Chloe and I. She has a perfect hourglass figure, and long wavy brown hair. Her eyes were a chocolate brown, and she had clear skin. She didn't even need makeup to be pretty.

"Let's get this party started!" Josh screamed and we all ran inside.