13

3 Months Later

"Laylee! Get your cute little behind down here! They're almost here!"

"Calm down, I'm coming, no need to get your panties in a twist!" I looked around to make sure no one would see my next little trick and thankfully, the hall was empty. I hopped onto the banister, sliding down it sideways, jumping off at the end and fixing my black pencil skirt, white long-sleeved shirt and my floral print scarf.

"Laylee!"

"Quit your yelling. You can be heard from Timbuktu. I swear, it's a wonder anyone can stand within three feet of-" I froze as I caught sight of a couple standing next to my mate, watching me with amusement plain to see on their faces.

The man had brown hair cut close to his head and blue eyes that shone from his tanned face that was about Jace's height, meaning he was much taller than me. The woman was a beauty, with curly red hair and violet eyes, tanned skin and was just a few inches taller than me. I heard someone clear their throat and realized I'd been staring. I blushed and inched over to Jace's side and clasped my hand down on his arm.

"Oh, um, hi?" My voice was quiet and I slowly raised my head to not look so weak.

Jace sighed and turned back to face the couple. "Laylee, this is Alpha Jorden McKenzie and his mate, Luna Tatum McKenzie. Alpha, Luna, this is my mate and the Luna of my pack, Laylee Card."

Jorden grinned widely at me. "Pleasure to meet you. That was quite the entrance, Luna." Tatum elbowed his side and shot him a glare before looking back at me.

"I can tell we're going to be great friends. How 'bout we leave these two macho men to talk wolfy business while we go snack?"

I grinned and nodded. "Sounds like a game plan. I like you already."

She laughed and looped her arm with mine as we dashed from the room before our mates could stop us. I led her to the kitchen and pulled out some Double Stuff Oreos and setting the package on the counter between us.

"So why are you guys here? Jace never filled me in on the details, just told me that we'll be having visitors." I frowned as I peeled a cracker from the stuffing and chewed on it.

"Apparently rogues have become more of a problem in the packs near here so Jorden called up Jace and asked if they should train together to learn new techniques and make their fighters stronger."

"Great. That means I'll have to take care of the kids even more now." I rubbed at my temples as I finished off my first Oreo.

"Ooh, you have kids, too? Thank god! I thought I was the only one!"

I chuckled and shook my head. "Nope, that blundering fool knocked me up the first time we ever mated."

She snorted and was about to reply when we heard a shout from out in the hall. "LAYLEE! BABY GIRL, YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE IT! I'M-"

Misabelle had charged into the kitchen and was now frozen as she took in Tatum sitting next to me. I giggled and waved her forward. "Misabelle, this is the visiting Luna Tatum. Tatum, this is one of my friends, and mate to our Beta, Misabelle."

Tatum just started laughing. We both gave her questioning glances and she snorted. "Does anyone ever enter a room and then start talking around here? First Laylee, and now you."

We just laughed and shook our heads. Then Misabelle spoke up. "Now why would we do that? There's no fun there. I mean, you should've seen Alpha Jace's face when I ran into the room screaming my news just seconds before. The other Alpha was nearly rolling on the floor and Jace-"