What Could Have Been (Naruto Fanfic)(SasukeXSakura) (COMPLETE)

So this is a SakuraXSasuke oneshot! Well, kinda. it's a lil messed up but they r together kinda! It's pretty slow but PLZ bear with it! I might make this a book of oneshots if I get good feedback!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;:

It was going to be an easy kill.

The eight tails was right there. Injured and vulnerable. Madara had released dozens of his ever-so-strong summonings to attack a nearby town and the eight tails- being the heroic fool he was- had fought for nearly hours to defeat them.

Now here he was in the woods. Wounded and bleeding heavily. He wasn't exactly at the verge of death but Sasuke could sense that he had drawn all the chakura he could from the beast within him and had a dangerously low chakura supply left.

No, he wasn't going to jump in and start a fight. He learned last time that tailed beast were tricky to defeat, no matter how weak they seemed. Sasuke planned to take him out with a kunai. A cowardly way to knock out someone, but all that mattered was getting the beast.

Unfortunately, he needed the beast to remain alive so he had to make sure not to kill him.

His perfect vision helped him find the spot in the spinal column that would render someone paralyzed. No, he wasn't blind. When his eyes began to get bad Madara supplied him with the eyes of his brother that was taken from Itachi's dead body.

He didn't plan on letting anyone know this, but he actually liked having his brothers eyes. He knew it sounded sick but he was a cold-blooded killer, he was as sick as they get. He liked possessing his brother's eyes. As fictional as it sounded, he felt like his brother was seeing with the same eyes too. Now Itachi would always be a part of him. And when he burned Konoha to the ground Itachi would be seeing it happen with him.

The dark skinned man hissed in pain and, with blood covered fingers, wrapped his abdomen with an old tourniquet. Albeit he was unaware of it, this was a bootless action for he wouldn't even be able to feel it once he was paralyzed.

Hidden in the trees and making sure to hide his chakura signature, he prepared to throw the weapon. One, two, thr-

"STOP!"

Spiky brown hair framing a skinny face that hid the person's identity, a stranger who looked to be Kakashi's age threw a kunai with admirable precision that hit the weapon right out of Sasuke's hand.

Sasuke faced the stranger, fury clear in his eyes as he began to feel bellicose. Perhaps he will be able to fight today.

But the look left his eyes and was replaced with surprise when he noticed something about the man.

The man looked to be a Leaf Shinobi. His Konoha headband, which was coated with dirt and covered with scratches, gleamed in the blazing sun and caught his attention. But he looked as if he had been in these woods for a while for he was painfully skinny and appeared not to have bathed for a while. His left arm hung limply at his side and appeared to be crushed, as did his leg that he dragged along gently with care. He must have been in an accident.

But that wasn't what caused Sasuke to gape at the man with curiosity and amazement. No, it was the crimson red eye that was shielded by his dark hair.

'No. This can't be. Itachi said there were only two people with the Sharingan. This has to be an illusion. There is no way there is another person with the Sharingan. Especially a Leaf Shinobi.'

But that was definitely the Sharingan. Except it looked a little different, with four commas in his pupil instead of the average three.

'Itachi only said that there were two left with the Mangekyo Sharingan. He never said how many people who possessed the Sharingan were left.' a voice in his head reminded him.