A little perfectionist

We left Denali yesterday, saying goodbye to all of the Denali's and the new baby, Ava. We arrived back in Forks this morning after a long drive back home overnight. Jasper and Alice are upstairs in their room. Bella, Edward and Renesmee are back at their cottage. Carlisle and Esme are staying up in Denali for a few more days. Jacob and Seth are back at La push with the pack. I stand at the glass wall, looking out to the grass with George in my arms. I watch Emmett and Emmalie out on the grass. Emmett is teaching Emmalie how to hit the bass ball with the baseball bat. I laughed at Emmalie's cuteness as she got mad at herself every time she missed the ball. She's a little perfectionist sometimes.
"Mamma I want to play." George speaks.
My unneeded breathing stops. I look down at George and see him smiling up at me. He just spoke his first sentence. I knew he would eventually and I knew it would be soon. It still shocks me that vampire-hybrids grow and mature so fast.
"Your first sentence..." I mutter underneath my breath.
I've got to tell Emmett.
"Let's go see daddy." I say louder.
"Okay." He says.
I smile at the sound of his voice. I walk to the door and open it with my hand not holding George. I walk out to the grass out the back where Emmett and Emmalie are. At first I see Emmett using his vampire speed to grab the ball Emmalie hit. He grabs it and gently, without a lot of force, throw it back to Emmalie. She catches it in her right hand. Emmett smiles at Emmalie then notices George and I's presence.
"Hey babe." He looks towards me first. He runs over, Emmalie following.
"Hey little man." He ruffles Georges dark brown curls. George smiles at his father and reaches his arms out for Emmett. Emmett holds George in his arms. Emmalie cuddles into my leg. I brush her long blonde hair with me hand.
"So George tell daddy what you told me." I start off.
George looks at me and smiles then he looks back at Emmett.
"I wanna play too, like Emmalie." He says.
Emmett face goes from a smile to shock.
"You what..." Emmett has a loss for words.
"I wanna play." George repeats.
Emmett turns to look at me with the same look of shock on his face. I chuckle.
"He just said his first sentence, Rose." Emmett says to me.
"I know."
"So you want to play baseball little man?" Emmett asks George.
"Yeah, like Emmalie." George looks down at his sister.
"Can George play!?" Emmalie jumps up and down with excitement.
George can't walk yet. He's too little but I don't want to upset him.
"Rose just hold him and you can help him throw the ball." Emmett says as if he knew what I was thinking.
"Yeah alright." I agree.
I take George out of Emmett's arms into mine. Emmett passes me the baseball. Emmalie and Emmett run to the other side of the grass field. They stand near the forest. I pass George the ball and he cradles it in his hands. Then he throws it with all his might and it lands I few steps in front of Emmett. Emmett chuckles.
"Good job little man!" He calls.
George giggles. For his first throw it was good. I peck the side of George's cheek. I can't help but smile. His, Emmalie's and Renesmee's growth development is extraordinary. Vampire-hybrid babies are very smart and mature so quickly.
••••••••••••••••••
"He said his first sentence!" Esme chimes.
"It still amazes me how fast they mature." Carlisle speaks.
Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, Bella, Edward, Emmett and I all sit in the lounge room. I sit beside Alice and Bella. Everyone else is scattered around the room.  Emmalie and Renesmee are asleep in Emmalie's room sharing the bed. George sits in Esme's arms. I watch his eyes as they grow tired. His eyes shut and he leans on Esme.
"I'll take George to bed." I say and stand up.
I walk over and take him out of Esme's arms. His eyes stay shut. I can tell he's half-awake. I speed up the stairs to Emmett and I's room. I place George into his cot and lay him down. I stay there for a bit watching him. I study his tiny features, again. I notice that his face has grown in size and his body is growing. He looks to be about the size of a 5 month baby. He looks relaxed and his heart beat slows down. He's fallen asleep. I sigh and speed back down the stairs. Everyone is having their own conversations. I sit down next to Esme this time. She smiles up at me when I sit. I relax back into the chair. Alice then stands up.
"So, We were waiting for all the adults to be in the same place so we can tell everyone. A few of us in particular already know this news." Alice speaks.
All eyes on the room are on her. She looks towards Jasper and takes a big unneeded breath.
"We've decided to become parents." She chimes.
I hear a gasp of excitement from Esme and Bella. I already knew that Alice would eventually beginning her journey into mother hood. Emmett and I were there with George when she was convincing Jasper.
The whole atmosphere in the room is filled with excitement.
"That's amazing guys!" Bella says.
Everyone else says their congratulations. I smile at Alice and she smiles back.
"Thanks everyone." She says.
She sits back down. Then from the entrance i hear two heart beats. The room focuses their attention to the entry. Emmalie and Renesmee walk into the room with the pyjamas on. Emmalie holds her teddy bear in her hand. Renesmee look like she's been crying. Emmalie's spare hand holds Renesmee. The two of them walk to us.
"Nessie what's wrong?" Bella says as she stands up to hug her daughter.
Emmalie lets go of Renesmee's hand and makes her way over to me. Emmalie jumps in between Esme and I. She cuddles into my side and I place my arm around her. I look up at Bella and Ness. Renesmee has her hand on Bella's cheek showing her something. I look over at Edward who doesn't look too worried.
"She just had a nightmare." Edward tells us.
"Did you help Ness, Emmalie?" I ask.
She nods her head. Her blue eyes lock with my eyes and she smiles.
"That was sweet of you." I mutter.
Emmalie nods, "thanks Mum."