Phase 1: Once Upon a War

May 2, 2016

Dear Love,

Thirty-six mighty spirits made it past Phase 0. Thirty-six young souls who have the potential to be the sacrifice for the world I am about to create; thirty-six lives who could the catalyst for our new world. It's just one step forward, but I can feel myself getting close to where you are, my Love.

These Martyrs thought that because the Immortals helped them gain leverage against me, it'll be easier to defeat me. They're so wrong. For each Phase, the agony will get stronger and stronger. Eternal agony shall prevail. Endless suffering from all of the things that held and break us. As you know, my Love, I was a poor child of a poor farmer back then. Scorned to be a shame in the family for I was a child from my fathers mistress, I was banished. I lived on the streets of a strange city, begging for food and trading tricks just to have a temporary shelter.

Until you came along.

You changed my life, my Love. When I met you, I was ready to forget my past. I was ready to build my future with you. We fell in love. We promised to stay together forever. With you, I strived hard to be where I am right now. But the past the thing with it is it keeps coming back. It'll haunt you forever, condemning you to an eternity of your mistakes and misfortunes.

So they'll have to face it look back at the past. As history repeats itself, these Martyrs are bound to repeat the same mistakes that they did. And these mistakes are going to kill them.

Phase 1 is about to start, my Love. Get ready 'cause Im coming to save you.

Love,
The Doctor

Welcome, Martyrs!

Phase 1 have already started and so is The Doctor's experiments on you. Yes. He has started and he wanted to start by looking back.

Yes, Martyrs, you need to look back and fight.

Genres and Theme
This phase will have Historical Fiction as the subgenre partnered with this season's main genre, Fantasy.

As for the theme, unlike last season, there will only be one theme for all Teams for each phase this season, and Phase 1's theme will be WAR.

Teams and Elements
You have already chosen your Team Assistants for this phase, Martyrs, and by choosing them, you have also chosen your teammates. But just like in Season 1, you will compete against your teammates. At the end of this phase, only nine (9) Martyrs from each team will be permitted to advance to the next phase, and the remaining three (3) who did not make it, as per The Doctor's instructions, will be left for dead.

Now, The Doctor has already planned everything, and by applying to be a Martyr and entering his laboratory, you have given him permission to play with you. So, are you still willing to continue? But you have no choice. You have to continue. So, here are your elements per Team:

Team Pilosopotasyo:
- Jar
- Coffin

Team Maria Nenita Letizia:
- Fan (pamaypay)
- Harp

Team Sisa:
- Mask
- Teacup

All Martyrs under each team are required to use your team's assigned elements in your entries as creatively as you can. They should be phsically present in the story.

All assistants and secondary assistants are there to help you, so ask for their help, but remember that their loyalty is with The Doctor, and their help is limited.

General Rules and Mechanics:
1. You are directed to write a One Shot Story within the range of 1000-1500 word limit following the Microsoft Office Word count.

NOTE: We will deduct one (1) point from your final score for each excess word.

2. Your genre should be HISTORICAL FICTION-FANTASY.

3. Use War as your theme and your team's assigned elements.

4. It must be WRITTEN FORMALLY, FRESH, NEW and NOT POSTED nor COPIED from any sites/books/magazines. You already know what we will do to those who will violate this one.

5. File format should be .doc or .docx.

6. Language use should be in Tagalog/Taglish/English.

7. Name the file with: TeamName-Title

Criteria:
Content (Plot, concept, technicalities) - 30%
Creativity - 25%
Adherence to the Genre Fantasy- 15%
Adherence to the Subgenre Historical Fiction- 15%
Requirements (Theme and Elements) - 10%
Impact - 5%
----------------------
100%

Once you are done, present your entries to us for evaluation.

Strictly take note of our email add: tkseriouslyinsane@gmail.com

Strictly follow and input this format in the subject area of your email: Title/Username/TeamName

Remember these dates:
· May 4, 2016, 12:01 am - Start of Submission

· May 18, 2016, 11:59 pm - End of Submission

· May 19, 2016 - Posting of Entries

Check your emails for confirmation a day or two after you submitted or a day before the deadline to make sure that we have received your entry. If you have not received any confirmation, ask your Assistants. Make sure you have sent your entry to the CORRECT email address.

WARNING:
· No multiple entries.

· No multiple accounts.

· No collaboration.

· No plagiarism.

· No changing of username.

· No replying to comments or commenting on your own entry.

· Be anonymous.

· Don't tell others which is your entry, even to your own teammates.

Any violation of any of the above-mentioned rules will result to IMMEDIATE DEATH. The Doctor has no mercy for violators.

Remember that you only have two weeks to create your entry. So, have fun looking back, Martyrs! May the madness be with you!

Will you fight or die?

-Team Baliw.

05/03/16