Chapter 2: A wanted man

20:22

There's a special place in Hell just for him.

Forrest looks at his watch then he stares at me in this strange way. "You never cared for what would happen to her?"

The words feel unreal coming from him yet he doesn't do anything, but he will.

I could see it happening before it happened. Her suicide was predictable. Aliza was predictable. She felt wronged or maybe she was just looking for someone to punish for what was done to her.

Dumb met dumber. Maybe Forrest was the Prince Charming she had been waiting for.

The only smart thing Forrest can do right now is to turn around and leave. It's what he usually does anyway.

For a long moment, Forrest ogles me and he seems angry enough to hit me. That feels like a cold embrace.

"You let her die." An acute description of bullshit comes out of his mouth.

Or so you think. But do you know me at all?

There's something behind Forrest's eyes and it ain't good. He is traveling down his own dark path.

Aliza is a feeble person with a hideous past. Her teeny-tiny world crumbled to her feet for she was only ecstatic soaked in someone's blood from head to toe.

She made dying hurt and she liked it.

She has never expressed remorse.

Aliza craved the moment of death; she would smile when their hearts stopped.

The victim became a victimizer. She felt powerful instead of helpless.

I know I took a path that Father would have never wanted for me. I let him down, broke his heart and in the end, I crushed him like a bug but I'm still my father's daughter. The one who lives to kill.

20:27

The human seems to be in his mid-forties. He smells like tobacco and gasoline.

I can hear his heartbeat quicken, his blood rushing through his veins, his muscles tighten.

"I hear your fear, son," I look at him "You think if you understand everything, you'll sleep better at night?"

The human's teeth are grinding. Why is he hesitating?

"Leave us."

And he does. The human runs as fast as he is able to. Bigger problems will soon follow.

"So this is what you meant," I've been holding it in for a while "Foolish man, you don't understand."

This life never looked so lonely. Ever since I could remember, everything inside of me wanted to fit in, to be loved. I never asked to be a monster, but Hell will always come for me.

I walk past Forrest to go to her - saunter in her direction. The woman is the reason I dragged myself here after all.

20:31

The woman smiles and I smile back. This is my chance to fix her.