The Starship and the Queen

I slowly awoke and I found myself tied to a chair, the chair that I had been sitting in before, bound with ropes. I looked around and saw a girl with dark black hair that flowed over her shoulder, an orange hat on top of it. Her skin was dark, though not very dark, not like Chloe’s. She was far from petite but she wasn’t at all fat. She was tall, her three-inch heels making her even taller. She wore an orange and white sundress and she was hovering over the table, staring at my picture. I stared at her, admiring her stunning beauty.

            “Either go back to sleep or I’ll hit you with that frying pan again. Your choice, weirdo.” She demanded, not turning toward me.

            “Excuse… Excuse me?” I replied.

            She turned from my picture and back toward me, her dark hair swinging over her shoulder as she turned to me. Her dark eyes glinted in the light as she stared at me, her eyes wide, her stance telling me that she was obviously very annoyed by me and just a bit frightened. I just stared, my expression blank as I stared at her, forcing myself to keep my best poker face.

            “Who are you?” I questioned.

            “Who am I? Who are you?” She countered.

            “I… I am John Harrison. Who are you?”

            “Suzie Queens?”

            “What are you doing here?”

            “This is my parents’ house! I came here to ask my dad something!”

            “Oh. Well, Chloe allowed me to stay here. I am… I am a friend. And how are you related? Your last name is different!”

            “I’m married you idiot!”

            “Oh.”

            She stared at me skeptically for a moment, just staring at me, her intent gaze trained on me. She just stared. I felt uncomfortable under her intense gaze, but she refused to allow me to escape her gaze. She just kept staring until the door swung open and my eyes quickly darted toward it, revealing an annoyed-looking Chloe, her hands on her hips and her eyes glinting in annoyance.

            “Mom, do you know this moron?” She inquired as she stormed past me.

            “Untie him, yeah, I know him.” She replied to her daughter.

            Suzie turned to me and stared bitterly at me for just a moment. She finally walked over to me and knelt down behind me, unbinding my hands and feet. I stood up and stretched my limbs, rubbing my sore wrists from where she had bound them so tightly. I turned to Chloe, my savior from my beautiful assailant, though I knew I couldn’t say anything about it, with her being married. “So, I see you’ve met my daughter, Suzie Queens.” Chloe sighed, walking toward me.

            “I do believe I have had the pleasure, though maybe our introduction would have been better under less precarious circumstances.” I replied.

            “Mom, who is this moron and why did you leave him alone?” Suzie queried.

            “He showed up at the police station this morning with no idea who or where he was. He had no idea what was going on, but this guy, he’s an alien. I couldn’t just leave him.” Chloe explained.

            “An alien? Really? You believed that crap? Mom, there’s no such thing! He’s just crazy or he’s a conman…. He’s no alien.” Suzie objected.