Chapter 1: The Announcement

It was a normal day for me. I had just gotten back from school and was going to spend my weekend hanging out with my friend, Lydia Parks. She and I had become close to best friends in the two years I had spent in Italy. This was the second or third longest I've stayed in a place in my life, and I was enjoying it. Lydia only knew half my lies. I didn't like lying to her, but sometimes I had no choice, or things would just roll off my tongue into the air.

Lies were something I told daily, and somewhere over the past year I decided to keep a small journal on my daily lies, just in case one was brought up again to expose me. Since the notebook was gaining about 100 to 200 words and details a day, I had to get another notebook to keep track of lies again. I knew lying seemed wrong, but it was really bending the truth to fit your personal benefit. Makes much more sense in my opinion if you say it like that.

These phrases I often said did bend reality to respond in my favor, many people thought that my cousin was a famous person and my father was a success in Hollywood. I slowly battled my way to the top and was practically worshipped by most of the girls in a matter of three months. I wasn't mean, just got what I wanted when I wanted it with my power. The lies would have helped me anyway, except in this present situation.

I was upstairs in my room, sitting on my orange and pink bed, texting Lydia and all my "friends". Actually, most of them were people that weren't actually my friends, just people who worshipped me that I ever so "graciously" let onto the chat. More like they begged me to be involved, and a dismissive hand wave gave them entry.

"LILA, PLEASE COME DOWNSTAIRS," my mother yelled.

I sent a brb into the chat, and the continuous ping-ing of my received messages stopped. When I stopped texting, it was a submissive order that made everyone else stop. I pulled on my orange furry fox slippers and walked out of my room. Foxes were my favorite animal, the foxes seemed to match me, not always truthful, some might even call it sly.

I continued out of my room and down the steps, avoiding the last one because it creaked too loudly for my comfort. I walked into the kitchen and saw my parents sitting at the wooden table in the middle of the room, and magazines were strewn across the glass tabletop.

"Sit," my father said.

I obeyed silently, pulling out one of the black wooden chairs opposite my parents and sitting in it. My parents met my eyes.

"What was it that you wanted to tell me?" I asked.

"Well, we are moving to Paris in three weeks, where we are hopefully staying there permanently, or for as long as we can," my mother announced.

My eyes widened. Did I hear that correctly, permently? I have always wanted that, but leaving Lydia... It was a battle I was unsure about. We could still chat and such, but maybe, once I left, she would become the most popular and we would never speak again; or we stayed close, even though we were in completely different countries. I was hoping for the second option, although the first did seem realistic.

"Well, what do you think?" my father asked, glancing between me and my mother.

"That sounds great, finally I will get to know what it's like to stay in one place for a while," I said, but I didn't know if it was a truth or a lie.

The next afternoon, Lydia was over at my house.

"Liles, do you think we should invite Penika Simmons to your party tomorrow?" Lydia asked, while consulting a list of names on my fuzzy beanbag chair. Each of the names were highlighted with either green, red or yellow; the colors represented if we should have them over tomorrow.

I pondered about Penika for a minute. "Remember that time last week when Penika literally stole your favorite pink highlighter?" I responded. Lydia loved her highlighters, she used them even more than pens.

Lydia's face scrunched up for a second. "That's right! Definitely a no," she said and took the red highlighter from the little coffee table next to her. She pushed the back and the tip clicked out, and proceeded to highlight Penika's name with a red, which meant she wasn't invited.

I glanced up from my phone, and paused scrolling on my Instagram feed. I looked at a non highlighted copy of the list I had in my lap. "What about Iceabella Winters?" I asked.

Lydia thought for a second. "Isn't she that girl with the cousin that's a model and the son of Gabriel Agreste?"

"Definitely in the it crowd, also has a skill for guessing couples. She's invited," I responded and went back to scrolling and liking pictures.

"Ok," Lydia replied, and took the green highlighter to highlight Iceabella's name.

We continued on with this until we had reached the last two names.

"Jessica Cameron, Lyds?" I asked.

"Debatable, she can be a bit rude or extremely nice."

"True, leave that as a questionable."

Lydia nodded and took the yellow highlighter to Jessica's name. "Finally, Jayden Song."

"Hate him, he tried to flirt with Priscilla Reynolds when it was super obvious that Bianca liked him?" I said.

Bianca was one of our close school friends. We trusted Bee reasonably, and were there for her when they guy she liked, Jayden, started going out with Priscilla "Prissy" Reynolds, last year. Bianca and Lydia looked like polar opposites, Lydia had shoulder length red hair, blue eyes, pale skin and was covered with freckles, while Bianca had long dark brown hair, brown eyes, dark caramel skin and no freckles. Bianca was definitely going into the modeling business when she got older.

"Here's the list," Lydia said, handing it to me.

I sat up on my white fur couch and started reading through the green, red and yellow names and checking to see if they were all accurate, according to our discussions. As usual, Lydia was never wrong with her highlights on the paper.

"Everything's great, now we have text invitations to send," I said. "Phones out, and start sending in 5...4...3...2...1 GO!"

Hello, Kitty here! What did you guys think of the first chapter? I'm only doing an authors note for this one, and probably not in the future, but please give your appreciation by voting and commenting your thoughts. By the way, Iceabella Winters is my OC that will probably appear again in this book, she is a miraculous holder and also lives in Italy, and she's Adrien's cousin on his mother's side, that's why her last name is Winters. Also, there will be a Lila/Volpina Edit in basically in most chapters in this book, which you may only use if you give me credit. That's all, hope you're enjoying the story so far. ~Kitty