9

Nikki and I were talking. "So what are you doing tonight?"

"I uh am going to sleep."

"Uh no you're not. We're to a party."

"Where?"

"On Vermont street." My eyes pop out of my head.

"Are you crazy? Your parents would kill you! We could get hurt. No."

"Please she begged."

"No."

"I have to go. Travis is gonna be there. I can't miss it." I shake my head.

"Pleassssssssse." She does the puppy dog face. I give in and throw my arms up.

We walked up to a small house that was full of people and smelt of weed. The bass from the music was booming through our feet. Nikki and I look at each other. She was excited. I was nervous.

When we walked in, of courses we got stares being the only white people there. That didn't stop Nikki. She went to the dance floor and shook her butt like her life depended on it. I walked over to the snack table and grabbed a bag of chips and stood in the corner.

"Girl what you doing here?" I turned to see the Asain girl.

"Oh hey. My friend wanted to go so why not? Trinity right?" She nods.

"Trinity, Dr-" Travis said yelling over the music but stopped when he saw me. " Lela." He said in shock. "Lela. What are you doing here. Imma take you home."

"But why?"

"Because you can get hurt here." He sounded worried. All of sudden I see Nikki walking my way with a guy holding her hand.
"Hey. I'm going home and taking him with me. The car's outside. Do you need a ride or no?"

"I'm fine here." I say.

"No she's going with you." Travis says.

"No she made up her mind." She rolls his hand and led him out of the house.

"You're not staying here."

"Why not nothing has happened?" As if on cue. A fight broke out and it went from 2 people to 10 people. Travis takes my hand and leads me through the back.

"Next time I say leave you leave." I just look at him.

"Hah whatever." He stops me

"I'm being deadass." He looks me deep in my eyes. He was serious. "Now I'm taking you home." We talked the whole way to my house.

When we got there. He swallowed hard. "Why was walking home more fun than the party?"

"Because I didn't fight you when I should have for not listening to me." We laugh.

"Thank you." I get on my tip toes and wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist.

I lean back and notice our faces were centimeters apart. He looked at my lips then back into my eyes. I leaned in. And he did the same.
We were about to kiss when he stopped.
"Wait." I look at him in confusion. "I have to tell you something." He took a deep breath. "I was the one who tried to rob you house the other day." I gasp and pull away. I knew I seen him before.

"So you lied to me?" I didn't know how to feel. I turned around.

"Look look. It was because I didn't want to scare you off. I really like you Lela. It was a honest mistake."

"Do you rob people's houses often?"

"I've only done it twice." He sighs. " look if you're gonna go to the police, I understand." I know you think I'm making a mistake when I say this but I can learn from a mistake

" I forgive you, you didn't take anything but don't ever lie to me again." He nodded.

"That's a bet. So about that kiss though." I rolled my eyes and smile. I wrap my hands around his neck and he does the same to my waist. I plant my lips softly on his. He asks for an entrance as he slips his tounge in my mouth. We both smile in the kiss.

Everything was perfect. His lips felt so good on mine, I could also melt. We pull apart for air and he smiles.
"Damn girl." I look down and blush. He pulls up my chin and kisses me again.

He feels so amazing. He's so perfect.
"Lela. I really like you. It would really mean a lot to me if you became my everything. Will you be my girlfriend?"
He looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Of course I will." I peck his lips. He smiles. This was the best night ever.