Part 3 : Connection

A woman has a unique motherly side which comes out whenever she meets a child who needs it.

Connection

"Good morning. I'm Dr. Anaisha Thapar. Can I meet Ms. Radha?" Anaisha asks one of the guards of the orphanage.

"Sure, Madam. But first fill this entry register," the guard tells her, forwarding the register to her.

Anaisha nods and fills her details. She gives back the register and the guard asks one of the orphanage wardens to guide Anaisha to orphanage head's office.

"Good morning, Dr. Anaisha. I'm so glad you took time out of your busy schedule to pay us a visit." says Ms. Radha, the head of the orphanage. She gets up from her chair and forwards her hand for a handshake.

"Good morning, Ms. Radha." smiles Anaisha while shaking hands with Radha. "And please don't thank me, it's my duty to treat sick children. Anyway, where's the child for whose checkup you called me here?"

"Come, I'll take to him," Radha says, gesturing with her hand toward the door.

Anaisha gives a nod and follows Radha. While going towards the kid's room, Anaisha meets many other kids and passes them all a warm smile, who all return back her smile with small grins.

"Here, Dr. Thapar, here's the boy." Ms. Radha gestures towards a little boy sitting on a single small bed with his back to the door.

Anaisha follows her gaze and glances at the little boy. From where she's standing, she can see a few bruises on the boy's arms, which twitches her heart.

"What has happened with him, and why he was brought here?" Anaisha questions the head warden. Seeing the condition of the boy, she first wishes to know about him before starting her treatment, as it'll help her treat him better.

"He was brought here two days back by his paternal uncle. His parents have passed away only a week back. Neither of his families, paternal and maternal, wishes to take his responsibility as his parents are no more and he was adopted." answers Radha stoically.

Her heart breaks a little as Anaisha hears about his condition. He's just a baby after all. He doesn't deserve this.

"And his medical condition, what about that? How did he get these injuries?" Anaisha questions, looking at the torn clothes of the boy and bruises. It pierces her heart to see him like this.

"He was in the car with his parents when that accident took place. His mother had fallen out of the car holding him, because of which he hadn't sustained any severe injury. But he still has some bruises and a wound on his arm. Yet he's not letting anyone touch him. His paternal family hadn't tried much to get him treated and after the three days rites, left him here. And so you're here to treat him." Radha says, looking sympathetically at the boy.

"Okay." Anaisha sighs. "I'll try treating him. What's his name?"

"Arman," says Radha, walking towards the bed. But she doesn't see the effect the name has on Anaisha, who couldn't move for a minute.

She composes herself, though she only feels more sympathy for the child. She follows behind Radha and stands at the edge of the bed.