The end

That night both Elizabeth and Ciel didn't talk at dinner. They ate their meals then left to their rooms. When Ciel got into his room he went to the window. He opened it quietly before sitting out of the sill. The wind blew and the stars shone a dull silver. The sky above was a monochrome of black and blue and the world was silhouetted on the sky. It hadn't really struck him before but he saw at that moment how alone he was. Once again his eyes filled with tears and despite his best efforts one escaped down his face followed by countless others.

"It's a beautiful night, young master" came that same deep voice from behind him. He quickly went to wipe his face but only provoked more tears and a small helpless gasp as well. He held his face in his hands and continued to let the tears control him. He then felt two hands slide under his arms and around his waist and a head rest against his own. Both of them went silent as they allowed themselves to get lost in each other. The wind blew across the two but neither of them felt it.

"I'm sorry," Ciel whispered so quiet that even Sebastian strained to hear but he knew what the boy had said. He breathed a peaceful sigh before turning the boy to look at him. He cupped the boy's head in his hands and pulled their faces together hesitating as he did. Quickly changing his mind, he moved his head and embraced the boy once more. Slowly, the boy allowed his butler to change his clothes and clambered into bed.

"Sebastian," The bluenette started burying his face below the covers, "Would you stay with me again?". Sebastian smiled and sat next to the boy.

"Sebastian," he started again, "you can get in the bed if you want to." His face still deep amongst the blanket. Once again the demon chuckled and removed his waistcoat and gloves. He crawled into the bed beside the young boy and cuddled him into his chest. The boy turned to face Sebastian so their faces were mere millimeters apart and offered the demon a slight smile before closing his eyes and wrapping his arms around the man. As the boys breathing slowed Sebastian leant closer to the boy's face kissing him gently on the nose. Surprised the demon felt his head tugged down until his lips met the boys. They stayed kissing for a while until they both pulled away to look at each other. The raven haired man chuckled at the boy whose face had turned so red he looked like a strawberry. Embarrassed Ciel buried his face into his butler's chest and drifted off to sleep. Just as he did so Sebastian leant down and whispered into Ciel's ear, it was something so small but so meaningful it was enough to make Ciel smile a genuine smile, a sight hidden from anyone's eyes for years now. Those small four words meant the world to Ciel and despite hearing them earlier that day it was completely different now.

"I love you, Ciel"