Chapter 22

A/N: I'm going to mess up with the timeline so bear with me, neh? I'm not going to go over the age bracket anymore. Yes, nevermind the age gap anymore. xD i'm just trying to make this story work, okay?

-------------------------

Kurumi's POV

I wanted to punch him right in the face when he hugged me but I couldn't because somewhere inside me wanted to forgive him. I can tell his sincerity, and willing to change.

I hated myself for appearing weak in front of him but other me wanted his attention.

Silence engulf us again as I watch the trees and buildings as we drive. I can feel his eyes on me, trying to read what I am thinking.

I remembered the first time I met him in my junior days at Totsuki when Shinomiya was already in his last year in high school as the First seat. I adored him, and also Hinako-nee, Mizuhara-chan and Donato-san. They inspired me to strive higher.

I was a cheerful and frail kid back then.

-----------flashback again-------
My classes just ended and said my goodbye to Ericchi.

Me and Ericchi were the best in our batch and were asked to take advance classes so that in our last year as being juniors, we could challenge anyone in the high school division in a Shokugeki.

My dad had to talk to the director about it.

While in the car...
"Kurumi-chan! Want to go with me in the high school division?" My Dad asked me.

I giggled, "Really Dad? I'd love to!"

"Okay now, once we get there, you should not roam around without a guide, okay?" My Dad said to me calmly.

"Hai! I'll be a good girl!" I cheered.

When we got there, Dad entrusted me with Peter while he talked to the director.

We sat outside near the fountain when I saw them talking backstage.

I immediately recognize them as some of the Elite Ten.

"Ne, Peter-kun, I want to meet them!" I chirped while I pointed at them excitedly.

"Make sure you don't go out of my sight, miss." He stated.

"Hai! Ohhh, I wish Ericchi could meet them. How cool!" I ran towards them. My school uniform flutter as I sprint.

They seemed to notice me.

"Hey, pretty little princess. Are you lost?" A blonde man who spoke with an accent.

I shook my head, "No, sir. I wanted to meet all of you! You guys are the Top of the Elite Ten, right?" I smiled at them.

"Iiiiieeeee! She's so cute! " A dark-haired girl squealed.

"Calm down, brat. She's just a kid. You're a junior student, right?" A salmon-haired guy said.

My eyes twinkled and fangirled, 'Oh my gosh! He's the First Seat!'
"Hwahhhh...You're awesome First Seat-kun!" I admired him.

They all froze with sparkle in their eyes except First seat-kun who seemed to be blushing.

"Oi, Shinomiya, talk to the girl. Hinako, let's go. Chapelle-sensei is waiting." A teal-haired girl said.

So his name is Shinomiya. How cool!

Hinako-san held my hands, "Let's meet again, neh...uhm"

"Akashi Kurumi!" I smiled.

"Akashi Kurumi-chan, It is my honor to meet you. Your beauty is astounding, it took my breath away." Donato-san took my right hand from Hinako-san and kissed it. I blushed.
"Eh? Uhm, thank you."

Hinako-san glared at the male and he backed away.

"...Kurumi-chan" she smiled back. "I'm Hinako Inui, you can call me Hinako-nee. You can call her Mizuhara-san and he is Donato-san. Neh?"
They nodded in approval.

How about Shinomiya-senpai?

"Hai! I'd like to meet you again, Hinako-nee, you too, Mizuhara-san and Donato-san!." I waved them good-bye as they walked away.

"What do you want, kid?" Shinomiya-senpai asked me lazily.

I brightened up again and faced him. He's sitting on the stairs.

"Senpai, how do you want me to call you? Neh?" I grinned.

"Huh? Shinomiya Kojirou. But you can me Shinomiya-senpai." He smiled.

" I wanna be like you when I grow up! You're so cool! Shinomiya-senpai!"

He gently ruffled my hair and his facial expression softened. I didn't expect him to be this kind. " I'm sure you'll be a good chef someday, kid."

"Miss, I'm afraid you're father is done with his business. We must go now before he worries." Peter suddenly cut in.

"Aww. Too bad. Neh, Shinomiya-senpai, can I visit you everyday here? I wanted to know you more!" I told him with enthusiasm hoping he'll say yes.

"Whatever you want, kid." He said but in a distant voice.
------------------

From that day on, I pestered Dad into coming there everyday after class just to see the famous group. I was their little sister, and sometimes their dish tester.

We were sad when the news came that Shinomiya already decided to leave right after the graduation ceremony to put up his own restautant. But we all supported him.

Years have passed, I seriously wanted to become the first seat after I heard that Ericchi got the tenth seat immediately after challenging the former tenth seat. I convinced my Dad to take my assessment directly with the entire Elite Ten and the director. I got in but some things were just so complicated that's why we just had to compromise.
I sighed.

Just in time when we arrived at the hotel, he quickly got out and opened my door. I still ignored him and walked onwards.

-------------------------