Chapter Five

"THERE'S a poultice on his wound," Clarke noted, the green patch over his chest. "I don't understand..."

"Maybe what ever their trying to catch likes live food," Finn spoke aloud, looking around the forest.

"Maybe their trying to catch us," Bellamy added to the pot of questions.

It could be either or, but if Arden had to go with anyone's idea it would be Finn's. She breathed heavily, her hands slowly going to her back where her knife belt stayed hidden under her shirt. What they heard earlier, the Panthera pardus, they could be hunting that. And the black cat only liked alive food. Then it tear it's prey to pieces, leaving nothing but bones behind. She had run into one once, killing it wasn't easy; it left a few scars.

"I'm going to get him down," Finn said.

"I'll come with you," Wells followed after the long haired boy, who shook his head.

"No, you keep an eye on her," Finn looked to Clarke, then gave Arden and Bellamy a dirty look, "You come with me."

Murphy rolled his eyes and followed after Finn. Arden stood back, wanting desperately to escape back into the woods and head back to Ton D.C. But she couldn't blow her cover now, she would have to wait for dark, then she could escape.

She would have to come back of course, now that they knew what she looked like. Especially when Bellamy's sister wanted to see her around. She didn't quite exactly know what that meant but she was pretty sure that she wanted to see Arden again.

But she wanted to come back too, she wanted to see what they were going to do, where they would head or if they would stay with their ship from the sky. She wanted to know if they would danger to cross the river again to try to get to Maun Weather. She wanted to see what they were going to do.

She was curious, and she didn't know the common saying about how curiosity killed the cat. Arden was setting herself up for trouble, and she was on her last strike. If she was caught doing this, she was screwed; in every which way.

Arden watched as Finn and Murphy used their makeshift knives to cut the weak veins that held Jasper hostage to the tree. Clarke was telling them to hurry up, she was getting bored or either a bad feeling. She kept looking around, her eyes settling on Arden once in a while.

Arden was getting a bad feeling, the hairs at the back on her neck beginning to stand up. Her chapped lips opened, about to tell Finn and Murphy to get their butts into gear but stopped when she heard a low growl of the infamous Panthera pardus.

"Bellamy, gun!" Clarke called, her voice strangling under fear.

Bellamy listened to Clarke, feeling around his waist for the gun, but it wasn't there. In the entrance of the clearing was a large black cat, it's yellow teeth bared in a snarl. Arden's heart rate rose, she wanted to run now more than ever. But running was stupid, running got you killed. She wanted to escape from this danger, it's silly how she was scared; she should be used to it by now.

The cat snarled louder this time, a string of spit forming at the sides of its muzzle. The cat took a bounding leap, running towards the closest person, who had to be Arden. She froze, realizing if she went full warrior on the cat she would basically give away her true identity. But before she could make a decision to fight or flee, Bellamy pulled her in his direction, making her land straight on top of him. The second time in the past two hours.

There was a loud bang, unlike anything she had ever heard. It shook her to the core, rattling her bones. It was a gun shot, her ears rung from it being in close distance. Panthera pardus blew back from the impact of the bullet, the cat hissed and called out as another bullet pierced through her skin and made it's home in her organs.