Prologue: The Garden of Arceus

This is a world created by the first of Arceus' children. These first were called the legendaries, and with being the first born they were given legendary power. This power was named by Arceus as the life spark. Arceus distributed small amounts of this power to the first born of each Pokémon species, and in turn, this gave all Pokémon their power and elemental affinity. Yet, only those born nearest to the time of creation were blessed with a much stronger life spark.

     In this world, created by the legendaries and their powerful life sparks, there is a wondrous place with a beautiful and majestic landscape. The waterfalls and rivers here gurgle and flow with great force, while the surrounding mountains extend outwards, like spears piercing the expansive blue sky. The earth is covered by a vibrantly green canopy of trees that encircle the seemingly unending fields. All of which, boast with great majesty, reflecting Arceus' own image. This place is simply and rightfully called The Garden of Arceus.

     The Garden of Arceus is the birthplace for all of Arceus' first born children; the cradle for the first of all the world's Pokémon. Arceus himself had created this garden to shelter all of his children, and to watch over them until they, themselves, had something to watch over. In this garden, Arceus created two eggs of each species of first evolution Pokemon that would eventually inhabit his new world. One of which, was a newborn male Larvitar.