R2R: Chapter 1

CHRIS

"Mooooove Christipher", Robyn pouted as I pinched her thigh for the second time. "Man stop moving then". She squirmed in my lap like a little kid, looking at something on her phone.

"I'm trying to get comfortable".

"We have a whole ass bed to get comfortable in, not just my lap". She rolled her eyes, "I want to be under my man, since he finally has some free time".

I️ sighed, knowing where this conversation was going to go.

"We not gone even start Rob, let's just chill before it's time to go and get Ro". She rolled her eyes, "Alright". I watched the television as they played highlights from last night's basketball game.

"You cooking tonight"? She nodded her head, "Yes".

"Can you make Lasagna"? She shrugged, "Sure".
I snatched her phone out of her hand, causing her to grim me. "You. Mad. At. Me"? I asked, kissing her lips in between each word.

"I'm not mad, I'm just frustrated". I rubbed her stomach, "What's wrong? Talk to me".

"I just get so bored sometimes and I just want to be under my man all day. Balancing two kids, three including you, Mel's wedding, taking care of the house, and dealing with all of our personal business is a lot".

I kissed her lips again, listening to every word she said. "I know baby, trust me I understand. Once I get the building stable, I'll be home a lot more. Mel's wedding is next week, so you might as well check that off the list". She nodded, "It's just a lot babe, but it'll all be worth it in the end".

"After everything is good, I'll take you on a nice little vacation. No kids, no friends, no clothes". She rolled her eyes, while smiling. "You're so nasty".

Intentionally, I slid my hands in her sweat pants, causing her to look at me. "What you doing, we gotta go and get Ro". I looked down at my watch, "Just give me fifteen minutes". She shook her head, but I wouldn't take no as an answer.

••

I smiled, changing into a pair of grey sweats, while Robyn slept peacefully across the bed. It had been a little while since we'd actually had sex, since so much had been going on. I knew my baby was stressed out, but we were doing well as a team. I decided not to wake Robyn up, so I️ quietly left the house and headed to get Royalty from day care.

So much shit has happened over the past year, but I wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world. It took us a few months after the Barbados trip to get our shit together, but we're back at it. We love each other too much to let each other walk away. Even if she was fine with separating, I couldn't rest thinking about another man being inside of Robyn. I knew that girl inside and out, and she was definitely my other half.

I'd watched her grow so much since we'd met and she'd honestly helped mold me into a man. She was now a true woman, to me and our children. The bond we had was unbreakable and nothing was coming in between that, not even work.

I pulled into the parking lot of the day care, parking as close to the door as possible. Getting out and locking the door to my White 2016 BMW X6, I proceeded to walk into the building.

There were a few parents standing around, a couple kids crying about their parents leaving. I smiled as one little girl blew kisses to her mom as she walked out of the door.