01. Intention

I dedicate this chapter to my ustaad Mufti Rayees Furqani for teaching me the these hadees and also for motivating me to memorize it .
May Almighty Allah give him the best in this world and aakhira.
Aameen

السلام عليكم ورحمةالله وبركاته

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيم

عَنْ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ، - رضى الله عنه - قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِنَّمَا الأَعْمَالُ بِالنِّيَّةِ

Ana Umar bin Kattab (radhiyallahu Anhu ) Kala: Kala rasoolullahi ( sallalahu Alaihi Wa sallam) :

"Innamal Ahmaalu Bin Neeyah".

Umar bin Khattab ( May Allah be pleased with him)said that Prophet ( May Allah send blessings and peace upon him) said that :

" Verily reward of deeds depend upon intention "

Recorded in the book: Bukhari.
Chapter : Introduction of Bukhari.

EXPLANATION

There is nothing in the Ahadith of the Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam that is as comprehensive, rich, and more beneficial than this Hadith. Imam Bukhari RA selected the first hadith, 'Innamal a'malu binniyat' of Sahih Bukhari Shareef as an introduction to the whole collection. It shows the sincerity of purpose of the author and also warns the reader that good and noble deeds inculcated by the Hadith found therein will only bear fruit if there is sincerity attached to their intentions and would be worthless if the motive is not sincere. Therefore, the one who is seeking (Taalib), the one who is listening or the one who is reading the book also corrects his intention solely for the pleasure of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala.

Shaitan will never stop whispering bad intention to our hearts. That's why we have to more and more remember Allah SWT and renew our intention.

May Allah bless us with the sincere heart and make us perform good deeds due to Allah SWT.