Your Best...Friend?

I looked around, rubbing my eyes and shivering. My hands were clean...yet they felt so dirty. After a few deep breaths, I got to my feet and started walking. If I remember correctly, Flowey...or Asriel...is supposed to greet me after the first doorway. Then Toriel comes and saves me. With those memories in my head, I stepped through the purple doorway and looked at the mound of grass in the middle of the room. There was nothing there but just grass...no sadistic flower. I stepped onto it, looking around curiously. Where is he? I then heard footsteps and saw Toriel.

"Hello my child, I am Toriel, caretaker of The Ruins," She said in that sweet, motherly tone that I missed so much. She was my first friend to kill on that last timeline...I don't know how I could have done it...

"Come, let me show you around," She then said, smiling and taking my hand. I followed behind and looked at the sights, all the rooms the same as I remembered. Eventually, she had left me alone like when she did back then, and I made my way through The Ruins. All of the solutions to the puzzles were still fresh in my mind, despite all that I've been through. I talked to Napstablook, bought something at the Spider Bake Sale, and I rejoined with Toriel later and was invited into her house. After she put me in my room, I got under the covers and looked at the ceiling. What's going on? This isn't because of...no...I shook my head, that little blushing maniac popping in my head for a second. 

"It couldn't be them..." I mumbled, turning on my side. At some point, Toriel set the piece of pie near the bed, not realizing I was pretending to sleep. I'm now looking at the closet, thinking about the last timeline and shivering again. Seeing Papyrus fading, Undyne melting, Mettaton NEO exploding...I could never go through that hell again. Shortly, I got up. I put the pie in the bag I carried and crept outside my room, inching towards the descending stairs. I then stealthily made my way down and walked through the hallway. I approached the purple door, that door that separates a nice, comfy, secluded life 

Then I heard her walk towards me, my body tensing up. I turned around to see Toriel, obviously distraught yet also confused as to how I even got down here. 

"My child...please, if you stay with me, I'll take great care of you..." She said, looking right into my eyes. I looked down, knowing I had to leave. I turned to grab the handle to the door and a fireball brushed past me. I glanced over my shoulder to see the woman with fireballs surrounding her.

"You're just like the others...you'll only get killed by Asgore if you get out..." She said, losing the compassion and care in her voice. I slowly turned the nob and ducked to avoid another fireball. Quickly, I opened the door and faced her boldly, smiling a bit. She seemed about ready to cry and I opened my mouth.

"It may be painful...but sometimes it's best to let things go every now and then..." 

She processed my words while I closed the door behind me. I rushed to the second mound of grass, waiting for Flowey's comments but I did not get anything of the such. I walked around the room as if not convinced that the creep wasn't here. Just as I was about to give up, I looked back at the mound of grass. A black shape was slowly forming and I looked at it curiously. It started to look like Flowey, but the face was odd. It was a cracked white face with a black smile and black eyes. 

"Soon...I'll be back..." It said, getting taller and taller. Scared, I ran away and closed the gate behind me. My feet fell frozen and I looked around, seeing nothing but tree trunks and a white path. The path where I met Sans.