Ch. 6

-Auburn-

Ugh, cheer. After a long dreadful day at school, Bekah made me- more so practically dragged me out into the field behind the bleachers where cheer practice was being held.

Seeing all the other girls there I can already tell they loved cheer. I didn't so much love it, just liked it. I find a bit better use for my time, but that's just me personally. I use it for reading, or going on adventures, or getting drunk. Something that can lead me- a 164 year old vampire in the body of a 22 year old, young faced human- somewhere.

I wish I did love this more. Or at least something enough to do it everyday. I wish I could say that for life. Wish. But that would be a horrible statement seeing as I have found myself wanting to end it.

But back to sunshine and rainbows- I apparently need to speak with a Caroline? I'm not to sure who she is but I think I can connect the dots enough to say she is captain. Also basing the tone of voice Bekah used to talk- or even say her name- she didn't like this Caroline girl.

Walking up to the tall-ish blonde with light blue eyes, who was giving out directions, I decided to introduce myself. Seeing as I'm pretty sure that was Caroline.

"Hey, I'm new and really wanted to try out for cheer. But if you don't have a spot then that's fine," I tell her, hating to be rude to someone I didn't really know.

"Oh well you could do a try out right now if you want, poor Amy broke her leg and can't compete anymore. By the way I'm Caroline," she tells me moving the clip board and pen so that she was holding it up against her chest with her left arm supporting the whole thing, and then puts out her right hand- of course for me to shake.

"Amanda Sanders," I reply, shaking her hand.

I couldn't hear a heart beat on Caroline, I already knew she was a vampire though. Bekah filled me in on everything I missed. From Matt- the human she likes, to Bonnie- the witch (which explained why she was glaring at me on my first day), Elena- the doppelgänger, Tyler- the hybrid, Caroline- the vampire, Jeremy- the human and/ or Little Gilbert, and then Stefan and Damon- in which I already knew. She also filled me in on all the drama. (I wasn't going to put all the drama in bc if you watch The Vampire Diaries then you should know just about everything- even though this doesn't really at all go by story line for some things)

Caroline told me all of what I'm supposed to be doing for try outs, so listening and getting in position I take off. Cartwheel, Round off, Back Handspring- Flip Flop, Front Handspring, Standing Back Tuck, Punch Front, Layout, Full, Double Full, Ariel, Back Flip Twist, Roundoff Back Flip Twist.

Completing each step correctly, I look towards Caroline as all the girls cheer and clap. Ignoring them I listen for her opinion- seeing as she is captain.

She then looks at me smiling, and starts to clap," Consider yourself one of us now."

"Really," I ask astonished and excited both at a very dangerously high rate.

"Yes," she told me shaking her head in a yes motion.

I run to Bekah- at human speed- and hug her. Both of us screaming with joy. Even though I didn't really want to be in the team I like making other happy. And seeing that I made Bekah happy, made me happy. And also knowing that I could do that whole routine, made me feel worth it. Also because I didn't cheat with vampire values. It was all me.

-----

Entering the Grill after practice, I go to the back room and place in my uniform-or Mystic Grill shirt that is required.-

Matt and I both got moved to work the bar after yesterday's accident. But we still get paid the same, so I'm okay with it.

Stepping out of the back, I make my way to the back side of the bar, ready to serve others.

I was facing towards the liquor on the back of the wall, but go to turn around when someone tells me they want bourbon.

As I finally am fully turned around I notice who it was.

"Klaus," I whisper, by breath thinning out, and eyes going wider.

"Auburn," he says me back, with just about the same reaction.

Trying to not make things awkward and let my walls break down- just as they were about to come crumbling- I take the glass and put ice and pour bourbon into it.

Then placing the drink in front of him, I try to start a small conversation.

"Any new people that have been beheaded?" I ask almost sarcastically.

"I found you, after centuries. And all you want to talk about are the people I've killed?" He asked almost not believing it. Also not even touching the drink.

"You didn't find me," I tell him, because technically we just happened to be in the same place. It wasn't  like he was looking for me.

"Oh please, you may think I'm here only for the doppelgänger... but there is so much more you do not know," he told me as if it were a hint- that or I was missing something.

"Aren't you?" I ask genuinely thinking he is only here for Elena. But that didn't stop a disbelieving scoff to escape my lips.

"Don't go assuming things, Love. It will make you look very stupid in the end," and with that he downed his drink then slapped a one-hundred dollar bill on the counter and walked away.

   Thinking over what lingered in my head, I finally realized what he meant.

"Klaus!" I call out to him from my spot in the bar. But he continued to walk away. I then run to catch up with him, opening the door and walking to the parking lot- only to see that he is no longer in sight.

"Thank you for looking," I tell the area of space that used to occupy Klaus. But only to know it's just an area of nothing.  Then I realized- with only having one conversation with Klaus my walls had been put down. After centuries I tried to fill the empty hole he left. Now it just stings more than ever.