☾Chapter 13☽

A/N LOOK WHO'S NOT DEAD! I apologize to those who are still willing to read this garbage (for some reason). I'M SO LATE, FORGIVE ME, FOR I HAVE SINNED. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN 'FOREVER' (see what I did there?) I'M SUCH TRASH. ~ Vi
ALSO: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, FOR 4K READS. I love you guys.

Third Person POV

It's been one week now, since the day Lucy's imprisonment began. Her sleep has been constantly interrupted by a flood of hellish nightmares and painful experiences. Barely any food or water had entered her system.
Her once vibrant eyes had grown distant with a dull exhaustion.
Though her outward appearance was ragged, within her heart, there was an unrelenting hope. Although it was small, it's continued to burn, flickering now and then.
Lucy's bowed head shifted ever-so slightly upwards to lay her vision upon Hotaru. Once again, back to resume her torment.

"Good day, Lucy," He took a moment to admire his handiwork, "aren't you just looking stunning.."
A sadistic smirk placed itself onto his lips, as his eyes followed the recent cut across her abdomen. "Isn't Usagi just wonderful?"
Lucy spat blood at his feet, "Go away- you aren't.. getting anything from me." Her eyes flashed to life with anger, if only for a moment.
"Come now Luce, I just want to ask about Fairy Tail is all.. surely you wouldn't waste your breath defending that pathetic excuse for a guild now, would you?" Hotaru sneered as he brought his face closer to her's.

"They aren't pathetic. And if I were you, I'd keep out of trouble with them," Lucy's mouth contorted into a smirk, though weak, it radiated warning, "One more thing, don't call me Luce."
"Now, now, you should hear what all of the other dark guilds say about them," Hotaru's crooked sneer grew into heinous snickers, "They may have taken down the Seis, but Grimoire and Tartaros are standing strong. Besides... Fairy Tail won't be an issue much longer,"

Lucy's eyes narrowed, "Who hired you to do this, and why? What do you guys have against my guild?" She felt a warm light near her waist, The spirits.. no, not yet guys, Lucy was determined to do some digging, and maybe she could get someone to go warn Fairy Tail.
"Whatever do you mean, dear?"
"You said, 'other dark guilds' which means you must be part of one."
"Ahh, I suppose you've caught me," He placed his hands up in a defensive position, not that Lucy could do anything in her state, "Actually, this is a direct request from our Master." Hotaru's depraved grin streched across his face.

"Who? What do they have against us? What do you mean they won't be an issue much longer..?" Lucy asked, a pointed glare narrowing her eyes.
"My, my.. so many questions to be answered," He chuckled under his breath, "You'll get one answer. Fairy Taill will be taken down from within. I'll give you some time to process it."
Hotaru left, after squeezing down on the large bruise that decorated Lucy's waist; leaving her with gritted teeth and faintly misty-eyed. Soon afterwards, a familiar glow revealed a certain Lion Spirit.
"Lucy," He bit his lip, the severity of Lucy's injuries seemed to weigh down upon his shoulders, "We'll get you out of here.. just, we need a little bit more time to firgure out how. Please, bear with this for a little while longer."

"It's fine, Loke. I need to stay anyways. I have- have to figure out what they're planning.. and warn Fairy Tail." Lucy's eyes were now closed, unable to look her friend in the eyes. "We need to get you out first. That should be the top priority, Lucy." He remained unmoving, Lucy had a tendency of overexerting herself. That won't happen this time.
"Yeah.. okay. But, I need to ask you a favor when the time comes. I need you and Virgo to go warn the guild!" A wave of dizziness hit her as she raised her voice, even the slightest bit.

"Fine. But only after we're certain you'll be safe." Loke's eyes narrowed, leaving Lucy no room for argument.

"Okay. Thank you." The blonde gave a gentle smile, the corners of her eyes crinkling ever-so-slightly.
Loke returned the smile, though his brows scrunched together subtley.

Their short-lived peace was interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps.

A/N A chapter both, greatly overdue thanks to life's interference and my overwhelming inability to counter procrastinate, and terrible thanks to the fact that I'm horrifyingly un-creative and I can't put words together to make them sound good. ~ Vi