How We Used To Be

I paced the main hall, fire in my green eyes. Solas had hinted before the battle with Corypheus that he may leave. But he hadn't meant forever, had he? He wouldn't do that to me. Would he? Though he had urged against the romance, we had still pursued one another. Yet...he was still gone. If no one in Skyhold was speaking of him, I'd assume he'd been nothing but a wonderful dream.
"You alright, Tiny?"
I turned on my heel to find Varric standing behind me, his brown eyes alight with mischief; he was wearing his favorite red tunic embroidered with gold along the open chest, and a dust jacket over that. His breeches were made of a simple tan cloth, and fine leather boots adorned his feet.
"No. No I'm not alright, Varric. Where is he?" I asked, more to myself than the dwarf.
"He'll turn up," Varric patted my shoulder reassuringly.
"It doesn't make any sense," I persisted. "Why would he leave? It's been over a month now. I...I thought he loved me."
"Talana, if you'd seen the sickeningly sweet looks he gave you when your back was turned you wouldn't be in doubt."
"I suppose. Thanks, Varric. I'll see you later. I need some air." He sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Sure, Tiny."
I shuffled my feet on the way to Skyhold's garden. Everything felt like a chore now. Eating, breathing, walking and talking. All were motions, done to survive but with no feeling. Once Solas left, it seemed he took a piece of my soul with him; the piece that held joy and laughter and love. Now I was a shell, and my friends knew it. Though they at least had the good grace to pretend I wasn't broken.
Stepping into the fresh air I breathed deeply; the air was crisp and I could smell my favorite apple tree, with the underlying scent of dirt and manure.
This was the one place I could go and be left in peace, the one place I could clear the fog in my head.
Walking into the room with the Eluvian, I closed the heavy oak door behind me and clicked the lock.
It was a beautiful mirror, if nothing else could be said of it. Large and heavy, the glass was clear blue and shimmered with magic. Carved from precious metals and running down the sides of the Eluvian were Hart's, foxes, wolves and other beasts in endless chase. Predator and prey, hunter and hunted. Tiny black stones were used for the eyes and it was...unsettling. There was something a little too familiar in those unmoving stones; open, but empty.
I sat in the chair some kind soul had placed here. I had become a common haunt in the place, and someone had noticed. Staring into that mirror, I felt the neutral mask I always wore now slip. My brows furrowed and my breath hitched. Swiping at the treacherous tears, I pulled my knees to my chin and remembered. Remembered the way we used to be. "Come home soon, Solas." It was a ragged whisper, a silent prayer to any deity that may hear me.
"I can't do this without you."
---------------------------------------------------------

Poor Talana is going through some serious depression :( I may add a part two to this, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you're interested in a second part and I definitely will! :) as always thanks for reading, please vote if you enjoyed, and feel free to message me any time! Oh and if you have any requests/coupling ideas I'd love to hear them

Dragon Age and most characters belong to Bioware/EA (except Talana) and these are done for entertainment only!