Chapter 28 - "You're the only one that owns my heart."

I greeted the concierge before making my way to the elevator. Luckily, he didn't need to call Collin and inform him of my arrival since he knew me from when I used to live there.

I put in the code to Collin's penthouse, and patted my foot as I waited for the elevator to reach the designated floor.

Needless to say, I was a bundle of nerves.

The elevator dinged, announcing its arrival, and the door opened. I was like a cat on bricks as I raised my hand and rang the doorbell. I waited a few seconds, but Collin didn't open the door. I rang the doorbell again, and this time Collin opened the door. He was still wearing the clothes I saw him in from his parents' anniversary party. We looked at each other for a second before he broke the silence.

"What do you want?" There was so much hatred and anger in his voice.

"I was hoping we could talk." My voice was weak as I wrung my hands nervously.

"I have nothing to say to you."

I ignored the hostility in his tone as I gathered up the courage and said firmly . "Then you will listen to what I have to say." Collin stood aside letting me in.

I felt sick with apprehension as I sat on the couch opposite of Collin. He was looking at me with so much hatred in his eyes, and to be honest, I didn't blame him.

"You wanted to talk, so talk."

I nodded. "Your brother and I, it's not what you think."

Collin looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "I think we already established that fact that you're dating him." He said with so much disgust and repulsion in his tone.

"We're not dating." My voice was above a whisper.

"Oh, you're not?" He mocked. "Then I should get my eyes tested." I looked up at him. "You had your arms around him. He was kissing your cheek while you giggled."

"Yes, but...."

"But, what Esmeralda?" He roared.

"It was all an act."

"An act?" He looked at me, confusion written all over his face.

"Yes, an act." I said. "Benjamin visited me at home about a week ago. He wanted to get us back together, but as much as I wanted to, I wanted you to feel the pain and abandonment I felt when you left me at my weakest moment." Collin looked away guilty. "Benjamin and I came up with a plan. I wanted to make you jealous. I wanted to make you feel the way I felt when you left me." Collin had a mixture of emotions on his face that I couldn't figure out. "I know it was wrong to do something like that, and I'm sorry."

Collin stood up from his seat and sat down beside me. "So you're not dating my brother?" He asked me wanting further confirmation.

I shook my head no. "Benjamin is a wonderful guy, but you're the only one that owns my heart."

Collin's lips turned upwards in a smile, and I couldn't help but smile back.

However, the smile was gone as soon as it came. "I still can't be with you though. I can't sleep at night knowing you're at the strip club where men are ogling you." He shook his head. "I can't."

The smile didn't leave my face. "You don't have to."

"What do you mean?" He had a questioning look on his face.

"I quit." Collin's eyes widened. "I quit stripping."

"Are you serious right now or is this some kind of joke?" he asked warily.