CHAPTER 8

Author

The college auditorium hummed with excitement as everyone gathered for the highly anticipated competition. Each finalist band had its allocated space behind the stage to fine-tune their performances for the grand finale. Backstage tension was tangible, especially for Trip Wire and Fab 5, both convinced of their superiority, yet aware that only one could clinch the coveted title.

Intense stares and exchanged glares between Trip Wire and Fab 5 heightened the charged atmosphere. Nandini's gaze bore into Manik with lingering anger, the recent office encounter fresh in her mind. Simultaneously, Manik remained focused on fulfilling the promise he made to his father - to prove himself as a winner, his father's true son.

Mr. Raghav, the head organizer, held the participants' attention as he addressed them backstage. "So students, I am not here to merely encourage you; I want the best. The gang that can captivate minds with their music. So, all the best. Friends Forever, you're up first. I need you on stage in 5 minutes." With that, he exited, leaving Friends Forever to take the stage. Now, only Trip Wire and Fab 5 remained behind the stage, a brief respite before the fierce competition unfolded.

Mukti couldn't resist taunting, "So, Manik, I hope you've secured the venue."
Alya added, "Venue for what?"
Dhruv chimed in, "Our victory - we all know the result already. Right, Manik?"
Manik reassured them, "Guys, don't stress about that. Everything is planned. We just need to do one last thing - invite our beloved losing team."

While Trip Wire listened, Navya and Aryaman attempted to restrain them, advising against creating a scene. However, Nandini couldn't resist responding with equal force.
"Ohhh, then get there fast because we know the cards haven't been printed yet. Gives you the perfect opportunity to fix your mistake and plan a success party for us. Until then, we'll grab our winning trophy, right, guys?"
Soha joined in, "Correct, babes. And please, be a good host; we don't expect our party to be as dull as your performance."
Abhimanyu teased, "And we have a good joker too. We'll be laughing all night. Right, Cabir?"
Navya wanted to warn Abhimanyu, but Manik intervened, "Don't you dare." Abhimanyu continued, "What? We all know I am just stating the truth."
Before Abhimanyu could say more, Friends Forever walked backstage, chanting confidently, "WE WILL WIN."
Manik asserted, "We've got to get to the stage, guys, and that will decide who will host the party and for whom."

Nandini retorted, "We'll watch." With that, Fab 5 took the stage, greeted by a resounding cheer from the crowd. As Manik turned towards Nandini with a smirk, the stage was set for their musical showdown.

(Playlist - Nadaan Parinde from Rockstar )

The dimmed lights in the packed auditorium heightened the anticipation as the crowd buzzed with excitement. A hush fell over the audience as the curtain slowly rose, revealing the silhouette of the five members of Fab 5, each poised with their respective instruments. The atmosphere crackled with energy as Manik, Alya, Dhruv, Mukti, and Cabir exchanged determined glances, ready to unleash a musical storm.

The opening chords echoed through the venue, sending a shiver down the spines of the audience. The mesmerizing blend of Cabir's rhythmic drumming, Dhruv's pulsating bass, and Mukti's soul-stirring guitar created a captivating canvas of sound. Alya, with her electric keyboard, added layers of emotion, while Manik's commanding voice sliced through the air, carrying the weight of every lyric. The lights synchronized with the dynamic beats, casting dramatic shadows across the stage. The lyrics, a raw expression of love, pain, and resilience, resonated with the audience, drawing them into the emotional journey woven by Fab 5. The intensity in Manik's eyes reflected the passion and conviction behind every word, captivating the audience and making them feel every nuance of the performance.