Chapter 5

Today, I'm wearing a cute dress short floral dress with white sneakers. It's a little bit hot today so I decided to pull my hair up into a pony tail.

To be honest, I don't feel well today. I felt my head spinning a little but I promised Lia already that I'll go with her. I walked downstairs and grabbed my breakfast before going to my car. My driver will drive me to school.

The car stopped right in front Lia and I got out. I thanked my driver and told him that I will call him.

"Lia!" I hugged her.

"You look so cute!" She squealed.

"Look at you! Bet you have people asking your number!"

"Let's go!" She chuckled as she grabbed my hand. We walked inside and there's a lot of people. When I say a lot, it's a like a sea of people. We followed the crowd in because we all heading to the basketbal court

I bumped into someone and he apologized to me first.

"Sorry. I'm Jake by the way." He's smooth. He put his hand in front of me.

"Hailey." I grabbed his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled.

"Me too."

"Come on!" Lia grabbed my hand pulling me away from Jake.

"See you!" I said and he smiled nodding. Lia pulled me to get a shortcut to the field and sat on the 2nd row. She really found us a spot that easily.

The game starts in 10 minutes and Lia spotted the person I bumped earlier. He's wearing his basketball jersey.

"He's from the opposite team and he's the leader, I think." Lia said since he called all of his teammates.

"Maybe."

"Kinda cute.." She commented and I chuckled.

"There's Christian." I turned immediately and he looked so good in his white jersey. He gathered up his teammates and then they cheered before going to their places.

The game will start, Christian and Jake were facing each other. Jake said something to Christian that made him look through the crowd. Jake scanned the crowd too and suddenly his eyes met mine. Jake smirked and Christian turned to me too. Lia turned to me and almost everyone turned to me.

"What are they doing?" Lia asked completey confused.

"What is happening?" I asked.

Jake then said something to him that made him look at me coldly. Christian's hand turned into fist and Jake grabbed something from his bag and then he ran towards me.

"Hold it for me, will you Hailey?" He asked and I nodded. He asked me to hold his necklace. He then ran back, people were looking at me with hatred. The game started and it was an intense one.

Christian somehow lost his focus and Jake kept leading and winning. Our school lost the game and then Jake turned to me gesturing me to come to him. I was so confused but Lia pushed me to go. Christian turned to me completely pissed.

Everyone's eyes were on me and I handed Jake his necklace.

"Thank you, Hailey." Jake said and he turned to Christian.

"You're not his girlfriend right?" Jake asked.

"No." I said without looking at Christian.

"I wonder why.."

"He doesn't like me." I said and Jake looked at me completely amused.

"Thank you, Hailey. You're my lucky charm for today, how about you join us celebrating today?" Jake asked and that's then I turned to Christian. His eyes were cold and dark.

"I'll pass." I said and Jake chuckled.

"Okay then." He grabbed his necklace and walked away. Christian grabbed my wrist and dragged me out from the basketball court. He led us to one of the meeting rooms near the basketball court and locked us inside.

"You really have the time to flirt with other teams huh?! Do you know that you're humiliating your own school?!" He bursted angrily and he looked at me in disgust.

"Excuse me?"

"What? You're going to make an excuse?! Where did you meet him?" He put his hands on his hips.

"So you're just going to accuse me for everything?" I asked.

"What?"

"The whole school knew that I was stupidly in love with you. Yet you accused me to flirt with other guy? I just bumped into him earlier and I had no idea of him. You're really questioning me with questions that you already know the answer to. I like you so much that I'm humiliating myself in front of everyone. Now, I understand that you will always treat me like a piece of trash. I'm so sick of you treating me so badly!" I bursted angrily.

"You flirt with a lot of guys, you're pathetic!" He hissed.

"Great! I guess it's better for you to think of me like that. You want me to stop right? I'll stop." I said looking straight into his eyes. He looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"When I walk out from this door, I will stop bother you. I won't appear in front of you again. I hope you're happy Christian Russo, it was hell for liking you and thanks for giving me the understanding of not to fall in love with an asshole!" I said in a cold tone, I unlocked the door and walked out.

Time to move on.