Chapter One

I wasn't here to see Dr. Dreeds. But with all the coughing, wheezing, sneezing and the small size of the room, I was probably going to have an appointment as well. Then again, they don't seem as bad as Gilbert right now. 

His coughs sounded always he was choking, like he couldn't breathe. A lot of times, he really couldn't. He tried to tell me it was allergies, but I'm not that stupid. I know allergies when I see them, and that is not it. Dumbass doesn't even have allergies. Either way, those people who do have them can breathe and walk and live basic life without interruption. Gilbert couldn't.

And somehow, he doesn't need the doctor? I told him that was bullshit, that he was going. At first, he refused to comply. Then he got worse, so bad he would stop what he was doing right then and there because he was too busy gasping for air, clutching at his throat for dear life. Even though he still insisted he didn't need a doctor, I drove him here anyways. I refuse to sit here and watch my boyfriend slowly die and disintegrate into nothing.

He was with the doctor at the moment, probably trying to pull off his 'too awesome to be here' act. He's annoying sometimes, but I still love him. How, I don't know, I just do. Damn you Cupid, I should break your fucking wings...

"Mr. Vargas?" I heard the nurse's voice call me, and I looked up at her. "We need to speak to you for a moment, if you don't mind." I nodded and stood up, happy to finally get away from these diseased, probably contagious people. 

Once the door was closed, she led to me to a room with who I assumed was Dr. Dreeds sitting in a chair, presumably waiting for me. "Mr. Lovino Vargas?" He asked, and I nodded. Whatever it was he had to tell me, it couldn't possibly be good.

"You're here with Gilbert, correct?" I gave another nod, and he continued. "We have prescribed him some medication to help with the symptoms, which he will need to take daily. He has been diagnosed with polymia, a condition of the blood cells."

It took me a moment to contemplate this. "All I want to know is will he be okay, so if you could skip the details and let me know that'd be great." I had better places to be than in a smelly, closed spaced, sickening doctor's office. Less time here would be great, thank you.

Dr. Dreeds let out a sigh. "I'm afraid not. He has about one month less to live, being he let his condition get this bad." I looked at him in shock, yet he continued. "We are currently trying to find a cure for polymia. But all the other people we told ended up committing suicide, so we have to ask you to not tell him."

I couldn't believe it. I looked up at him, desperate for him to tell me it was simply a sick joke. But his sympathetic look in his eyes told me luck was not on my (Or Gilbert's) side. I nodded slowly, showing him that I understood as I walked out, contemplating what just happened.

Great. I get close to one person, one fucking person, and now he's being ripped away from me. I guess that's what I get for trusting someone with my heart, huh?