Chapter 3

As soon as the bell rang, Odin and I braced ourselves against the wall next to the classroom, as everyone cleared out. Once the coast was clear, we went inside.

"Angela, good morning," Mr.Anderson, smiled.

I swear we must protect this man at all costs because he's just a sweetheart. Treats everyone with kindness, even those who don't deserve it. He's in his late 40's, has gray hair, is a bit overweight, is single, and lives with his four cats, Moe, Lola, Cash, and Yogi.

"Good morning, Mr.Anderson," I pointed at Odin. "This is Odin. He's new."

Mr.Anderson turned his attention to Odin, extending a friendly hand. "Welcome, Odin! It's great to have you here. If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to ask."

Odin nods with a smile. "Thanks, Mr.Anderson. I appreciate it."

"No problem at all. Angela here is one of the bright stars in this class. You're in good company."

"Lucky me," Odin's smirk makes my stomach flutter.

Stop it, Angela!  I mentally scowled at myself. 

"Where would you like him to sit?" I asked.

He scanned the thirty-plus desks spread out in the classroom. "Hm, how about somewhere in the back? You can put two desks closer together that way you can answer any questions he may have as we go over the lesson."

No! I wanted to scream HELL NO to his face. Richard and I have this same class, it's only a matter of minutes before he'll walk through the door, and if he sees Odin and I sitting close together he might make a scene.

But how stupid would I sound if I said 'no because my boyfriend might get jealous and make a scene'?

"Yeah, okay."

I nodded in agreement and led Odin towards the back of the classroom. He helped put two desks close together and we sat down.

My heart began to pound as I anxiously watched the door. Lesley has this class too, hopefully, she comes in first, that way she can, I don't know, help me in some way.

"Hey, you good?" Odin asks.

"Yeah, it's just- um," I paused when I saw Lesley with her boyfriend Joey.

Once they spot us they're both surprised.

"Hey, girl," she said as she walked over.

"Odin? What the hell are you doing here man?" Joey grinned as he walked over to us.

They greet each other with the sureno handshake.

While they talked I pulled Lesley to the side.

"Angela, you have some explaining to do," she said playfully.

"Shut up, Les."

"You disappear for an entire period then reappear with that cute ass vato?" she teased.

"Mrs.Bakely forced me to give him a tour around the school. Now Mr.Anderson told me to put our desks together so I can help him through the lesson. If Richard sees us he's going to freak," I tell her quietly.

"Yup, indeed."

I glare at her. "Can you please take my spot? I can't deal with any more drama."

"What? Hell no," she hissed, looking at me like I'm crazy.

"Lesley, please," I begged, whispering.

"Angel, no. I don't fucking know that guy. It'll be awkward and weird. Plus, he's too cute," she cringed.