7th

❝chapter seven❞

❝chapter seven❞

Time was abrupt, as what Jisoo had noticed. For the days that passed, nothing was new. Every tiny detail was starting to suck out her eyeballs, making her tiresome body to start feeling boredom. Although she was the hardworking type of a person, still, she gets tired at some point.

"Hey, the official participants are already posted!"

"Really? I hope the exchanged students are all in!"

"I bet they are!"

Jisoo absentmindedly stared at the two giggling girls, which she presumed having the same age as hers.

"I like the Japanese guy. He's the only one who came from Japan!"

"Ugh, that one? I heard he's quite aloof in getting along. I like enthusiastic men."

"Who cares about your taste anyway? If you don't like him then you don't. That means, he's only mine."

"Yeah, whatever. I go with Jung Jaehyun. For sure he'll participate."

"I hope Yuta will participate, too!" the girl with nerdy glasses squealed in delight whilst blinking her eyes multiple times.

Jisoo was left agape, not only with how the nerdy girl reacts, but also the way they were handling their conversation; one moment they were about to fight against each other, then suddenly they were already fine. Confusion grew inside Jisoo's skull whilst opening her locker.

"Jisoo!" as soon as she turned to face the one who called her, she was greeted with a wide smile.

"Where are the other two?" Jisoo queried, just when Jennie was already beside her.

"Lisa's cheering for Kun. Chae, of course, she's busy."

And then, it hit right on track as soon she had realized that Chae must have been preparing for the upcoming event.

"So, Lisa won't join?"

"You know it's not because she doesn't like it, it's because she can't."

"Huh?"

"You don't know the rules? Only one can participate in each department. Since Chae had already taken the slot, Lisa, and any other girls in our department will be losing the chance to participate."

"Oh," Jisoo brought her lips upwards, forming a cute pout, "I didn't know there was such a rule."

"Anyway, Jaehyun will be her partner."