Chapter Eight

The Arwain Chronicles: Missing...

He turned the steering wheel of the car, causing it to leave the highway and move into the forest trail. From there he'd also have to deviate to another more hidden road. That road would lead them to the pack compound after about fifteen different turns.

"Hey!" Carol's voice broke the silence the four of them had driven in since the school parking lot. "Keep your hands to yourself," Victor cast a glance at the rear view mirror to Carol, who was now looking at Greg reproachfully.

"I mean it Greg," the beta went on at Greg's persistence. "Keep your hands to yourself or else..."

"Or else what," Greg replied, a cocky smile on his face.

The half-heartedness in Carol's tone was clear to be heard by all in the car. While she rebuffed Greg's attention out of her loyalty to his sister, everyone in the car knew perfectly well that Carol was in truth attracted to Greg. The scent of her arousal that was slowly starting to fill the car didn't serve to aid her plight either.

"Or else I'll rip your throat out right now," Elly spoke up sending a murderous glare to Greg through the rear view mirror.

Victor turned to survey his sister who was now seated in the front passenger seat. The more the week had progressed, the more on edge she'd become, ready to snap at anything that even breathed in a way she didn't like. Victor knew perfectly well her bad mood had a lot had to do with the fact that Dan had gone missing from school for the whole of the past week.

He'd seen from the very first day right in the parking lot that the guy had gotten Elly's attention, but he hadn't anticipated it to have been to the levels that the following days had proven it to be. When Dan had not shown up the next day, Elly had been disappointed but had done a good job of hiding it. Had he not been her brother he probably would have missed it.

The disappointment had been much harder for his sister to hide the following day. When on the third day with Dan still absent form school, Elly's mood took a dive. It became possibly fouler than Victor had ever seen it, and that really said something. Unlucky for the pair of them, it was also on this day that Elly picked up on the fact that Jodie and Luke were following them.

Victor dreaded to think what would have happened to the pair of them if he hadn't been there to talk sense into his sister. He'd expected as much from his father. Victor had known perfectly well that it wasn't that their father had bought their story. He'd only been distracted by his fatherly protective instincts at learning that there was a guy after his daughter. Putting two and two together had been quite easy for Victor. He was sure Elly too would have realized it much sooner had she not been so preoccupied with Dan's absence. He'd picked up on the fact that they were being followed and watched on the very first day. Him by Luke and Elly by Jodie.

"What is it to you?" Greg posed in his ever cocky tone of voice. He wore a smirk as he looked into Elly's eyes through the rear-view mirror. "Are you jealous?" he asked.

A snigger escaped his sister. "Keep dreaming," she shot at him.

"She wants me and you all know it," Greg said his eyes moving to Carol. Judging by the scent that was getting even more saturated within the car, the beta was getting even more turned on by Greg's cocky attitude.

"Who said you're the one I want? In case you've yet to notice it Greg, you're not the only guy in this car," Carol spoke up.

A small smile graced Victor's face at the blatant lie. He turned the car and left the forest trail and started into the more hidden roads that would lead to the pack compound. A snigger followed by Greg's mocking laughter filled the car. "Do you actually expect me to believe that Vicky here has you as wet as you are?" he asked derisively.