Chapter 7: The betrayal

Scott and the Commander were beginning to get worried. They're comms did not reach the Interstellar 1 and they were running out of food. Scott looked at Warren and said "Let's launch." The commander silently nodded, much to Scott's surprise. He walked over to the console, and pressed the big red button. After a clanking sound, the lower floor separated. The NERVAs activated and the lander soared into the sky. They saw the view of the planet's surface through the panoramic windows derived from the Orion pod (Not the nuclear drive.) As they flew, the flag they had placed bent outwards from the lander due to the NERVAs. Light streamed through the crystal surface of the planet, casting beams of "sun" shine on them. The lander rolled on its belly to face the windows towards the sky as it was tilting. Scott looked at the Interstellar 1 that soared through the sky, its signal lights darkened and the comms dish no longer spinning and scanning for a signal. As the ship soared out of the low g environment of Verdi, its comms were trying to communicate, ready to reply to a message that will never come. "Rendezvous and circular orbit achieved." They approached the Interstellar 1. Alex spotted them, and the doors opened soundlessly. As they approached the ship, Scott breathed a sigh of relief. The RCS engaged and the landers docking boom slid into the port. Alex and the crew quickly told them what happened. "We are not going back to Earth." Commander Warren told the crew. "Why not, if i may ask?" Alex said angrily. "We do not have enough antimatter, and we should complete our mission." Alex stormed to his room.

That night.

Alex slowly crept along the hallway to the med bay. He walked in and turned on the lights, waking up Wang Tsu. As he came to, he saw Alex leaning up to him and pressing a button, and the metal clamps surrounding him lifted. Alex shined a light in his eye. "Are you ready to complete your mission?" He asked.