CHAPTER 2

"Hahahahaha oh god I can't believe she got you!! Our noble Queen bested by a single soldier. Oh how the mighty have fallen!!! The smart mouthed Archer continued to give me a bashing. "You gotta remem-"

"Shut it or I'll give ya a gutting..." It was obvious I was pissed. Looking quite pleased with herself the blonde started playing with her bow. Which was a piece of junk I might add. Only reason she still used it was because it "felt" right. I remember her saying it was like a puppy. You don't get rid of it just because it's not cute anymore....

I haven't seen Emily since our failed hunt early this morning. I even checked my friend list. She was online but listed as away. I hope she is okay. We didn't tell Sarah this but that was our last chance. The reward from that mission would just be enough for the lease. Each week guilds must pay ten thousand gold to the "GRC" and we simply didn't have enough...

Hell it's only been two weeks since I started this game. I'm currently level 61. I would be higher level but it has a very strict penalty for death in missions and quests. Each death will minus one player level and 25% EXP decrease for one whole day.

*DING*

A small message icon appeared on my HUD. "Hmm?"

Sarah double tapped the air bringing up her menu. I did the same. It was a notice from the GM

|Hello recruits, we are undergoing an emergency maintenance. All players will be logged out shortly. We apologies for the inconvenience and hope to see you again after the maintenance. As always thank you for playing {SECOND LIFE} |

I small timer appeared on my HUD. It quickly counted down 59...58...57
Sarah looked at me. Shrugged and then logged out.

Guess I should do the same.

{TERMS}

HUNT- SHORT MISSION THAT HAS PVP ELEMENTS. MOST OF THE TIME IT'S EXTRACTING RARE MATERIAL FROM GREAT ELEMENTAL MONSTERS.

GRC- GUILD REGISTRATION CENTER

GM- GAME MASTER AKA THE ADMIN