Chapter 20

- Abelle

"So what if I asked you to be my date to an award show?" Chris asked me. I ran my fingers along the petals of a rose and looked up at him with a smile.

"Me?" I questioned furrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, we've been going out for a months now and I figured we should take that next step," he answered blushing just a little.

"I dunno... Won't there be paparazzi and pictures and a lot of other stuff I don't know about?" I queried folding my arms over my chest nervously.

"All you have to do is smile and stay by my side and when I win the fandemonium award, best male artist, and best R&B album you just stand next to me and smile, give me a kiss or two, and clap some," he explained. I curled my lips to the side.

"I don't have any--" I started.

"I can take you to buy a dress and some shoes," he said cutting me off.

"My ha--"

"I can do that too,"

"Why do you want me to go so bad? We're in the media enough as it is,"

"So? Please, just come with me. There's an after party too."

I sighed and shook my head trying to figure out the pros and cons to going. Well Aubrey is going to be there and that'll be some controversy considering that I was already rumored to have been his girlfriend for a really long time. But then I really wanted to take another step with Chris in whatever "this" is. Wait what about those girls that Chris used to mess with? That model and that actress. Will they be there?

"Time is ticking, Abby," he said looking at me impatiently. I gnawed on my bottom lip and stared into a book store window still contemplating my answer.

"If you thinking about everyone and what they gon think you might as well get that out yo head--" he started.

"What the FUCK is this?!" I shrieked running to the window of the store. I pressed face my face against the window and I clawed at the glass trying to get to the magazine.

My face was on the front of a gossip magazine holding hands with Chris at Vivace but in the caption they were talking some serious malarkey.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked following me.

"Rapper Drake writes song, Marvin's Room and Hold On We're Going Home, about ex girlfriend Abelle Jones. Marvin's Room even has footage of their telephone calls," I read. I stood up straight and looked over at Chris. "Did you hear those songs?!"

"No, never," he answered putting his hands up in defense. I put my hands on my hips struggling with not screaming on the top of my lungs.

"Don't go screaming at him, just calm down and lets go listen to the song some where private," he said pulling me into his chest. I didn't want to be held but I breathed in his cologne anyway in hopes to calm down.

"Since when are you the voice of reason?" I asked finally wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Since you taught me to not let my anger get the best of me," he answered kissing my head. I was still boiling but he was managing to calm me down very slowly.

We got into his car and he drove us to the studio, where he and I usually go to be away from everyone. I was on my phone seeing that it was all over twitter and was becoming one huge joke. Everyone was making fun of Aubrey but a few untrue statements were made about me.

Shit like, I was having sex with Chris and Aubrey at the same time and that I was some hoe going around playing everybody in the game.

Yeah, shit like that.

I was huffing and puffing angrily as I scrolled through the trending topic time line and reading the bull shit. I had never been talked about this much before and I wasn't sure if I liked it.

"You do realize you have to be my date now, right?" Chris asked as we pulled into a parking space.

"Wouldn't I want to do the opposite?" I questioned looking at him like he was dumb.

"Not going would show that you care, giving them something to talk about. Going anyway is a middle finger to TMZ," he explained. "Trust me, I'm always in the media and I always know how to piss TMZ off."

I chewed on my bottom lip and then took my seat belt off. I hadn't realized that fame would be like this, I mean I never really wanted fame and this is the prime example why I wouldn't want this shit.

We went to our usual studio and discussed the details of being his date to the VMA's. I finally agreed to go being that it was a big day for him, he's up for three different awards, and I wanted to show support for him in many ways.

"So did you find the song yet?" He asked twirling in his chair.

I scrolled a few times, "Nah not-- got it!!" I pressed play and listened to Marvin's Room echo in the sound proof studio.

It had a slow beat, but almost instantly you could hear my voice speaking on the track. My jaw fell ajar and Chris shook his head with a sigh whilst massaging his forehead. He was obviously thinking the same thing I was, I can't with this shit.

The song was a piece of shit, it was a piece of shit that niggas were singing to girls to win their hearts. It was a piece of shit that put me on blast even though I didn't do anything. It was a piece of shit that was going to her Aubrey jumped and Hold On We're Going Home was no better. It was just as much a piece of shit.

When the songs were done I looked over at Chris, ready to put Aubrey on blast in every way I could think of. He was shaking his head repetitively and twirling in his chair. A part of me wanted to know why this nigga was so calm, usually he would be just as pissed as I am; if not more.

"I wanna do a diss record," I blurted biting my lips.

"You want to do a what?! Oh no, no, no I can't let you do that. Hell no," he exclaimed shaking his head.

"Why not?" I asked getting defensive.

"I can tell you that that's going to make things worse. Much worse. You're better off being silent for the press but cussing Drake the hell out behind closed doors," he explained.

"Can I make one and just not leak it?" I inquired with a fake smile.

"You think you're smart, you really do but the answer is still no," he declined.

"Fuck you, Chris," I said folding my arms.

"When, what time, where, and how hard?" He questioned moving closer to me. I rolled my eyes and giggled lightly pushing him away.

"Now to my album business," he stated cracking his knuckles. I laughed to myself, I was going to a diss track whether he knew or not. I have connections.

CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES HOWL AT THE MOON AND SAME LOVE PLEAASSSEEE!!!