Chapter 1

Authors Note: Here once more to give you chapter one~ ENJOY!

Mukkun: Hmm, Don't you say that later Akuchin?

Me:...

Akashi: *Glare* Her name is Akumie Atushi...

Me: You can call me Akuchin~ *Smiles politely*

Chapter 1

How Is It Possible?

We walked up flights of stairs. I was not breaking a sweat but expected Kagami to at least be panting. I actually thought he was not behind me...He was. Did he really change that much? How is his basketball? I stopped myself from worrying as we reached the top. "Are you alright Frankie-san? You look kind of shocked," He stated with concern. I did not look at him, because if I did. My feelings would come hurling out of my mouth. How did I feel? Was I shocked? Was I upset? Was I proud?...Was I jealous? No, I love Kagami! I am nothing but proud of him! "I'm fine, now hurry up!" I coached. He smiled with relief and caught up to me. Since he was carrying most of her bags, he was a tad slower. I racked my mind, trying to remember the number Kagami said his apartment was. 164? No. 167?! Kagami walked right past me to room 168. He opened the door and smiled over his shoulder, enjoying my pout of defeat from her own memory. "Yeah, yeah, whatever," I marched right past him and into the large room. "..." I was speechless. This was amazing. Not home, but that only made it more exciting! "What are you gawking at?~" He teased as he lightly punched me on the shoulder. My gaze did not waver as I returned the punch much harder. "Gahh!" He held his arm yet again as I ran around the room, my arms in the air and taking everything in. He chuckled as he put his hands on his hips. He closed his eyes and opened them, they had gone from their normal self, to soft. His sister...He would do, and be anything she needed. Of course this moment was ended when the ball came hurling his way. "GAH!" He caught the ball just at the right time before it could smash into his face.

"What are you starring off at? Let's play some ball!" I said excitedly. He smirked, that smirk that never got old to her. "Bring it on!" He said arrogantly. She only let her competitive side out with him. She preferred to have herself seen as cool and collected. But it was so much different with him. It was the way he played. So fair, yet so frustrating! I loved it though. His style, his use if force to play. It was the complete opposite from the way I played, and I could not help but admire it. Weird how I was the one who got him interested in basketball in the first place. I laughed at the thought. "Oi. We are here," He nodded towards the court. Just as I expected. It was unoccupied. Unlike so many courts in America. He dribbled the ball and then passed to me. He wanted me to take the ball out? This was not like him at all. I shrugged it off and passed to him. He took off towards the goal, but I caught up to him. We were having fun. Taunting each other and trying to mess each other up. I stole the ball back and headed towards my goal. I ended up with a lay up. Which would have earned me two points, but we did not play like that in our games. We just merely tested each others skill. I was about to brag until the ball was already being guided down the court. Dammit! I sped back down, taking my small size to the advantage. I took my position, ready for a simple, yet forceful move...He merely slowed dow and went for a shot. I instinctively ran towards him, ready to block, but kept my distance. Kagami had changed a lot. I jumped up to meet his shot but he smirked and then twisted around me, dunking. Wha?...A dunk? That was probably the only familiar thing about Kagamis style of game play now.

I got the ball again and started for my end when he went to block me. I quickly zigzagged past him. Well, now there were two things that were the same! I praised myself for being good in my agility, but that changed when the ball was, gone? I looked over. How the hell?! I had no time for thinking as I ran to catch up with him once more. We had been playing for about an hour or two. We were sweating. I shed my hoodie and he took off his jacket. Leaving us in our undershirts. I had the ball and went towards the goal. I added in a few fakes here and there to confuse him and made one more shot from behind. I mentally praised myself for remembering that technique. He already had the ball at the other end and was going for another dunk. I will not let him dunk again! I jumped and met his height. My hand stopping the ball. We were in air for a while and I looked at Kagami. Kagami? This had his face, but not his eyes. Kagami had never looked at me this way...His smirk, no, a evil smirk spread across his face and he forced the ball in. I fell to the ground...That...Was not Taiga...It had started to rain, but we did not care. He stood there breathing heavily, his eyes hid. I did not know what to do. This was...I did not know what it was, but never had Taiga done something like that. Was he in the zone? He was the only one who had put me in my zone, had I done the same. No, I do not think that is possible considering how carefree we started off. Then it hit me, after the first few plays...He stopped smiling...

I got up and headed for my, now soaked, hoodie. "Frankie-san," He called. "Are you alright?" His voice was somewhat odd, like he knew he did something wrong, but was avoiding it. He was still looking at the wet concrete. "Of course I am! What? Think I am made of glass?!" I went up to punch him, but he caught my hand. What was wrong? He looked back up at me...His eyes. "Frankie-san... Did.. Did I beat you?" His eyes showed nothing but coldness. It was not a question of him needing to know, he wanted to know if I knew..."We were not playing for winning!" I stated, pulling my hand away. "C-come on let's get home. I'm starting to get cold," I used the mere excuse to calm myself down. His gaze softened suddenly, as if he just remembered that he was my brother, not my opponent. He helped me with my hoodie. "Don't even put it on, stupid, you'll get a cold!" He scolded. I sighed in relief. This was the Taiga I knew. He put his water proof jacket on and raised his arm. I see, he wanted me to get under, like a bird. I fit into the space perfectly, now shielded from the rain, we started to walk home. He was brotherly before...Then there was the remark."So that I can finally win against you in one on one,"then this game. He changed from brotherly to enemy to brotherly once more. I looked up at his determined red eyes, his hair was wet from the rain, and he looked forward with confidence...Taiga, how is it possible?

Me: Akashi please forgive me! It's just a name that Mukkun uses, for everyone!

Akashi:...

Kise: Oh, hey, if Akumie-chii is single now, can she date me?!

Akashi: *Glare*...Eh? Who said she was single?~ Anyway Kise, you need a good hair trimming...*Snip, snip*

Kise: EHH!? Akumie HELP!