Awake

She quietly moved past the pillars that lined the front of building. Shadows danced on the floor as she moved quickly. The doctor had specified, it has to be done at night. Cool wind whipped at her, and goosebumps crawled up her arm. Her baggy shirt didn't help to protect her from the cold.
   Finally, she reached the door. An old-fashioned knocker with a lion's head looked at her. Slowly, she slid a knife through the crack in the door. *Click.* The door skid opened, unlocked. She then slid her knife back into her pocket. The instant her foot stepped across the threshold, a light flicked on. Alarms rang on, a loud screeching ring. She tried to take her foot out but something grabbed it. The door shut behind her.
"Why leave when you've only just arrived, Mika?" A high pitched voice laughed and giggled. From the shadows, stepped out a little girl around eight or nine. She wore a puffy pink dress and lace socks. Her hair was blonde and short.
Mika looked over, and cursed under her breath. The doctor had warned her about the child. She knew herself what powers the kid had. Did she really think she just walk into a Taken one's house?
"Don't look at me like that. I'm scared," the child mocked them smiled. She waved her hand and a man walked in. He was tall, with combed hair and a suit.
"Take her to The Room," the child said. She walked away, giving a last high giggle.

    She followed the man quietly. She couldn't control her limbs as they moved along the paths and hallways of the manor. Shadows crept with them, dark shapes moving against the walls.
  "Where are you taking me," Mika asked. She looked at the man, trying to give him the coldest, hardest stare she can. He didn't look back at her, and continued walking. "Where are you taking me!" Mika repeated, trying to yell. He finally looked back at her.
  "Walk and be quiet. You'll find out soon enough."
Mika turned her head away, annoyed. She knew she had to find a way to leave, but all she can think of is how annoying the man is. She knew she should be scared, worried, even mad but all she can think of was ....
Mika stopped in her tracks. She stopped so suddenly, she almost fell forward. Her legs could move on her own will! She looked at the man. He stood there, his head turned. What happened? She thought to herself. Now's her chance. Slowly, Mika began slowly backing away. He didn't turn back. Still as a statue. Mika turned on her heels, and came faced to face with the man again.
"You move too much on your own." Were the last words she heard as darkness started to cover her eyes.