Chapter 9: Dreaming

"Where am I?" Mottlepaw called. She was deep in a foggy forest with tree tops higher than she could see, and eerily glowing moss on the trunks and ground. A bird cawed somewhere, but other than that, no one showed any movement to answer. Suddenly a bright white moth fluttered from the fog and danced it front of Mottlepaw's eyes. Mottlepaw got the slightest notion it wanted her to follow it.

So as the moth drifted away, Mottlepaw followed it, never taking her eyes off the glowing insect. Then the fog parted and Mottlepaw saw a huge green forest, lush with moss and prey and cats. This must be StarClan! She thought as she walked into the clearing.

One cat walked up to her, a small black and white tom with stars caught in his fur. "Hello, Mottlepaw," he said. "My name is Swiftpaw." He smiled down at her as he said this.

"How do you know my name?" Mottlepaw said warily, not deterred by his friendly nature.

"We have been watching you" was Swiftpaw's explanation. Then thousands of cats appeared behind him, covered in starlight. "We need you." They chorused, their voices hardened into Mottlepaw's mind.

"Wha-what do you mean?" Mottlepaw cried. "What's wrong? Is there a threat to ShadowClan?"

"All Clans need your help," Swiftpaw whispered. "A forgotten threat is rising back up to face the Clans."

"What threat? I don't know what you're talking about!" Mottlepaw yowled. But right as the words came out of her mouth she remembered the black and white tom who had attacked her. But he's just one cat! How can he be a threat to all clans? "I don't understand!"

"We mean exactly what we say," Swiftpaw murmured, his amber eyes glowing like bursts of flame. "One is all the Clans will need." He whispers, then all of StarClan dissolved, leaving nothing except one.

One.

Wooohhhh!!!! Ominous!!!! Wooooooooooohhh...

More to da point...

I'm sorry I didn't get this updated sooner. I kinda forgot about this story (don't hate me) but I'm back to writing it wohoo!! And I know the chapter is extremely short but whatever