Tony/Pepper: First Playpen

He wanted to build it all by himself. Pepper had said no, but Tony was determined. Ambrosia would have nothing short of the best.

Building the frame was easy. The same could not be said for putting play-things inside the playpen. He had first attached screens to each side, each with a game that Ambrosia could play. Each one could have been just as easily purchased at Toys R Us. But, of course, physical children's toys are not cool enough for the child of Tony Stark. 

"Tony, what is this?" Pepper had asked when she saw it for the first time, hoping to let her daughter play in her new playpen. This was not a playpen.

"It's the playpen."

"This is not a playpen."

"Sure it is!" Tony walked over. "It has games and everything.

"Tony, this is going to do nothing to help her develop motor skills!"

Tony sighed, "Fine. I'll try something else."

He spent another week in the lab, building another playpen. This one was a little more geared towards Ambrosia's motor-skills. The walls of the playpen were thick, and designed to push out and pull in games so that his baby girl could work on different aspect of her motor skills periodically and she wouldn't lag in any of her development.

Pepper took one look at it and said:

"No."

"But Pepper! This one has real games!"

"It's practically a prison, Tony! I will not let her play in this." She sighed, "I left a box of supplies for a playpen on your workbench in the lab. Put it together, and don't add anything. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Pep. I love you."

"Love you, too."

Tony kissed his baby girl on the cheek before hurrying down to the lab to put together this playpen Pepper had mentioned. He came to a halt as he saw the IKEA box on his workbench. He sighed in disappointment and began to put it together. But it was worth it just to see Ambrosia, his baby girl, happily playing with the stacked rings and child-sized puzzles he and Pepper had bought her at Toys R Us.