Chapter 3

(A/N- References for character looks. Hope you like this chapter!)

~~~~

The warmth from the sun peeks through the thickly leaved trees. Its soft glow touching my bare skin as I stir out of sleep. The sun rises ever so slowly, sending a warm sensation through my entire body. My eyes open a little as they try to adjust to the rays that now shine brighter than before, and I let out a soft groan. The chorus of birds chirp away in a joined song, each battling for their voices to be heard. I prop myself up on one elbow, and a strand of hair falls loosely from my now messy bedhead.

I look around my surroundings as memories from last night flood through my head, making me tense ever so slightly. I feel a big mass of heat behind me as I turn around and see Luca sleeping with a pained expression resting on his features. His bandage on his shoulder alerting me for a newer piece of cloth. I rub my eyes and look over to the tree just a few feet away to see Theo with the same expression on his face as well. I shake my head as I remember all the events from last night. The screams repeat over and over in my head. Looking down at my now dirt covered dress I panic, thinking of Jane and Zale. They had also been at the festival, but I never saw them after we had split in the crowd. I run a hand through my hair in frustration and decide to stand up. My legs feel numb from the grassy bed that I rested on all last night. Note to self, just because the grass looks soft doesn't mean its comfortable underneath.

I slowly walk over to the unpacked emergency bag and fetch some clothes out of the side pocket. A pair of brown leather pants and a navy blue long sleeve shirt. Along with it, a pair of dark brown hunting boots, a belt and a hair tie to tie my hair in a braid. All were comfortable clothes that mom helped my pick out, so they would be suitable for outdoor situations. Unfortunately, it just had to happen now.

I stand up quickly and quietly so I don't disturb the two sleeping boys, who I assumed would have each others throats when I get back. It just means I have to make a quick trip to the pond and back, what joy. I felt like I was watching two bombs that would go off at any moment, and with every movement I would be on edge. Shrugging my shoulders I walk towards the sound of water.

I jogged through the bushes towards the unmarked path, that only from experience, I had remembered.  Going through a few small oak trees I came upon the pool of blue glistening liquid that sparkled at each wisp of wind. Memories as child flood around the place like a movie playing. Luca jumping off the rocks and splashing mom in the process. Her forest green eyes would sparkle every time there was a little splash. I would sit at the edge, occasionally kicking water at Luc, and in return he would soak me in a huge wave of water. Now everything was different. This was the only time I would come near water in these dense forests. After I had had a swimming accident and almost drowned when I was little, I have had a slight fear of water. It's silly, but still it was traumatizing for a small girl like me. I stripped of my clothes as I made sure no one was watching, and slipped into the refreshing water that spread goosebumps along my body. Since the town was destroyed there was no way of using the shower at home which meant no warm water. I shook my disoriented hair as the tangles let go of the grip on one another. It felt refreshing to feel the water run down, almost as if it was cleansing every pore on my body. The reoccurring events and screams swam through my head all at once and I dunked my head under the water quickly, before the fear had a reason to rush through me.

After I had come to the conclusion I was clean from the dirt and blood from last night I silently stepped out of the pool, and slipped into the comfortable clothes. Letting my wet hair stay down I ran my hand through it to tame it back as it dried. Droplets flew everywhere as they silently let go of the ends of my curly hair. I had started to walk back after picking up the dress, and I folded it neatly. Jane would be so mad after I return this to her.
I pushed away some branches as the view of camp spreads out in front of me. To my surprise only one of the two were up and I let out a sigh of relief. Luca had switched back to his human form and was busy trying to wake hisself up.