Character Contest

What many fanfic writers don't get right is the characters.  They focus more on what they want their characters to be than who they really are

It's one thing if the character is made by the writer, but when it comes to using characters that have already been established, such as Sam and Dean, the writer often loses sight of their real personalities.

That's what this contest is about.  It's not about altering a character, but extending it through time

Prompt
Write a Supernatural one-shot (no minimum, maximum of 10,000 words) about any Supernatural characters of your choice, in any scenario.  Is it a hunt?  Is it a trip to the bar?  A car ride?  A long-overdue day/week off?  It's whatever you want it to be.  Just focus on one thing above all others: remember who your characters really are.  Make it as accurate as possible.  Throw in some memories from other episodes, if you'd like.  (Can be old or new story, as long as it matches prompt.)

Rules
• can be mature or not mature, but no smut please and thank you
• any submissions after the deadline do not count
• one story per account
• must be a one-shot, not a full fanfiction
• must be no more than 10,000 words
• must contain existing Supernatural characters.  You can add a few of your own if you'd like; just make sure they're not the main focus
• one-shot must be a standalone book, not a chapter of a book of all your contest entries, and not something you type up in private messages (can only send links to submissions in private messages)

Examples of Good vs. Bad Characterization

Good: Dean flirting with a girl at a bar as he sips a beer
Bad: Dean drinking water at a bar while writing the girl he just met's name all over his napkin

First of all, Dean would go to a bar to drink beer not water.  Also, Dean likes to flirt and go home with women for you-know-what, not chat obsess over them like a middle school girl.  Becky Rosen however...that's exactly what she would do.

Good: Sam going back to the room early to study the lore
Bad: Sam joining Dean at the bar while singing karaoke and flirting with random women

Soulless Sam would probably do that, but Sam himself would rather focus on the case.

Good: "Son of a bitch!  Don't you touch my Baby!" - Dean as he runs after someone keying his car with his gun pointed at them
Bad: "That guy is keying my car.  I'm gonna call the cops!" - Dean as he pulls out his cell phone and dials 911

Dean doesn't trust the cops.  And if someone laid their hands on Baby, well, Dean would cut their hands off.

Good: "If the pizza man was in the living room, why do we have to go to the bedroom?" - Come on, you guys read hundreds of these stories.  You know what Cas is asking about
Bad: "I'm scared!" - Cas while doing whatever kinky thing the writer decides to make him do

I know in a lot of Destiel stories, they like to make Dean the strong one, and Cas the nervous one.  But Cas isn't afraidHe died a few times.  He's been in countless battles.  Yes, he is soft, but not that soft.  Though, he is always very confused because of Dean's references and the weird customs of the world.
I'm not asking you to write Destiel if you don't want to; those stories are just the ones where I notice the most character flaws.  (Oh, and in Destiel stories, Sam is often cheering them on.  Sam would probably feel weird around them and try to ignore it, since they are both so close to him, though he'd  eventually get used to it, but it has to happen overtime to be realistic.)

Choosing a Winner
I will choose the fanfic that I feel is the most accurate, characterwise

Spelling and grammar should be as best as you can get it, but I will not count any of these mistakes against you in judging. 

Submission
Unless I decide to extend it due to lack of competitors (since this is our first contest, it probably won't be so popular), the contest deadline is Monday, July 25 at 11:59 EST.

Submit your stories via private message or commenting on this chapter.

Winner and Prizes
Depending on the amount of submissions, the winner could be announced the following day, or a couple of weeks later.  And it depends on how busy I am.

The prizes are:
• a new story promo photo made by me (optional - I will ask if you want one - check out the "Book Covers" story and the "Book Covers By Me" reading list on my other account @Sara50840 for examples of my book covers, and my story, "Wish", on that same profile, and check out the media for promo photos)
• a special contest winner sticker for your book cover (optional - I will ask if you want one)
• your story added to our "one-shots", "contest winners", and "all stories" reading lists
• your story announced on our message board and my twitter account (@GeektopiaUS)
• exclusive sneak peek at one of the unpublished or in-progress stories on my other account (Sara50840) - you choose which one

All entries will receive a vote and feedback comment.

-

If you have any questions, please comment them!  And please spread the word about this contest so more people can enter!