27

Ember Greene stands next to her father. "Someone's coming." Ember whispers, pointing to a young boy running.

He stops as soon as he hears Carl's gun cock. "Don't shoot." The boy pleads.

"Drop the weapon, son." Hershel orders.

"Sure. Here, take it." The boy is just about to hand his gun over to Ember when he falls to the ground dead.

Ember drops her pistol, looking shockingly at Carl Grimes.

"Ember." Carl sighs sadly when the young girl next to him does not reply. "Don't you understand that I had to do it?"

"He was handing his gun over, Carl." Ember states in a sad tone.

"I had to do it." Carl repeats, this time in a serious tone.

Ember sighs. "Okay. I don't agree with you. But I guess I understand why you did it."

"Good." Carl gives Ember a quick hug before walking away.

Ember helps everyone pack as they all get ready to head over to Woodbury.

The young girl frowns as she notices Carl storming away from his father, Rick looks at her and nods, he wanted her to go after him.

"Ember, right?"

"Yeah, you're Carl."

Ember Greene smiles at memory of her and Carl meeting.

"Carl Grimes, do you have a crush on me?"

"Yes."

Ember smiles even wider as she remembers the time Carl told her he liked her.

The brunette walks into hers and Carl's cell, staring at the boy sadly. "You don't have to act like this. We've all lost someone."

"I killed my mom."

"I know. I was there." Ember sits next to the boy. "You don't see my walking around with a big attitude, now do you?"

"No, instead I see you walking around like everything's okay." Carl glares at Ember.

"That's not me acting like everything is okay. That's me trying to stay positive." Ember scoffs.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you, Carl. I just want you to be okay, I'm not asking for you to be happy." Ember says.

Carl Groans, "Fine."

"Really?" Ember's expressions lights up.

"You just have to answer this next quesion." Carl smirks.

"What?"

"No more kid stuff."

"Look, I know we're young." Carl starts, "But I like you. No-- I love you. And I know you're probably gonna say no, but would you be my girlfriend?" Carl questions, a nervous smile on his face.

"I think you're beautiful."

Ember nods, a big smile on her face. "Of course I'll be your weird, awkward girlfriend."

Carl breathes. "So, what do we do know?"

Ember shrugs. "We're young. We'll figure it out." The young girl chuckles.

"What is this?" Carl asks, as he looks at the group of people coming out from a bus.

"They're gonna join us." Rick nods, looking as both Ember and Carl.

Carl sighs before walking off, tugging Ember with him.

"I guess we still have a lot of learning to do." Ember chuckles.

[Y O U N G]

OMG I AM SO SORRY THIS FINAL CHAPTER WAS SO SHORT AND BORING.

THE SEASON THREE FINALE WAS BORING BESIDES ANDREA'S DEATH.

Anyways, the sequel is coming soon and I'm so excited, it's gonna be much better than this, and you'll get to see more of badass Ember.

THANK YOU GUYS FOR READING THIS STORY SO MUCH THIS WAS ACTUALLY MY FIRST EVER TWD FANFIC.