Chapter 17

20k!?!? You guys are the b to the e s t. That's all folks

Oh yeah and that's my dog should I make him my profile pic???

Your POV

Tadashi made you a new cup of tea. You sat on the couch, swathed in blankets. Although Cass had not appeared yet, Hiro and his brother were bustling around, doing everything possible to make you comfortable. You had recently had Hikari on the phone, and you had told her that you would be staying here for the night. After that, you had heard a car engine roaring on the otherwise empty roads.

You glanced at the television in front of you. A crappy, late night, made-for-TV rom-com that was currently in one of the frequent ad breaks glared back at you. You hadn't expected anything more, maybe some stolen quote that people used to strike you in the heart and make you buy their toaster, but you would of liked something to inspire you. Now you sat, staring at the blindingly bright screen in front of you.

You felt warm hands on your shoulders, and suddenly you were being escorted off of the couch and onto a bar stool. You stared into the well lit kitchen, pondering. You had done that a lot recently. By recently, you meant since the... Well, you know, passing, of your parents. Anything had set you off since then, which you didn't like. You had always thought of yourself as a strong person, but maybe not. And you had been disappearing into your own thoughts often now... A lot. You decided you should probably stop that.

Suddenly the bright light in front of you was blocked out by a dark silhouette. Blinking repeatedly and squinting, you tried to stare up into the face of the person across the breakfast bar. Slowly their face was becoming lighter, the background darker, your eyes adjusting to the new feature in your surroundings. You realised they were talking to you, and you had zoned out again. You mentally slapped yourself. You needed to concentrate more. Stop zoning out. You were trying, remember? Had they repeated what they said? Listen in, (Y/N).

"(Y/N)? I really hope you're not ignoring me. I'm sorry, okay? I've never been close to people my age, well, close to anybody, really. I thought I was gonna lose the one person I was finding myself starting to care about, well, apart from Tadashi and Aunt Cass, and the like. But seriously, please. Say something. Anything. Even if it's, "I hate you, never talk to me again." I need to know that you're okay, (Y/N). Please, say something..."

You knew Hiro was rambling. But when he looked at you with those big, brown, puppy dog eyes, you were lost for words. You were crushing so hard on this kid, this guy you had just met. You couldn't help yourself . How could you stay angry at him, ever? You weren't even supposed to be angry now, you were trying to make up. Your throat was dry from not talking, so all that came out when you tried to talk was a frail croak. You tried to speak again. This time, there was words.

"Hiro... I'm not mad at you. Why would I one here just to tell you I'm mad at you? I'm the one who should be apologising. I didn't reply to your texts, I didn't say goodbye... I know the feeling. I used to get annoyed  with Ally when she would do the same thing. I was thinking, I don't wanna lose you after I've just found you. I wanna stay friends." Something hurt when you said the word friends. You didn't let it show. Don't be the clingy not-girlfriend. Don't be that girl.

Hiro smiled at you. "Really? I thought it would be the other way around. I thought I had done something to get on your nerves, and that there was a reason for you giving me the cold shoulder. But you know, I'm glad we're back together again, huh?" His face was earnest, his eyes staring into yours. Obviously he didn't hear the implications behind the words "back together again". Your face was quickly burning up. In your reflection off of the shiny, clean kitchen cabinets, you could see you were a light shade of pink.

Then Hiro moved around the bench and hugged you, and you couldn't think straight for the next hour.

---

You heard real birds chirping when you woke up. You had rolled off of Cass' plump couch and onto the floor, and your back was sore. However, you couldn't help smiling. You knew that your life was finally starting to get back on track. You rolled out of the doona, sat up, and stretched your arms. You heard your back crack several times, and smiled again. You really hadn't slept well.

After pulling on your jumper, you headed upstairs, towards the noise of stomping feet and occasional thumping as different body parts banged into walls as the brothers shook off the morning haze. You could hear Cass snoring from down the hall, and then it faded as you got closer to Hiro and Tadashi's room. You could hear them talking quietly as you approached.

You knocked on the door, polite as you could. You knew your hair was a mess and whatnot, but whatever. These guys were your friends. The door opened and there was Tadashi, obviously not ready for the day in a pair of half-pulled-on jeans and... Not much else. He smiled at you. "I figured it was you. Aunt Cass is never polite enough to knock. Hiro, (Y/N) is up! Come say Good Morning!"

You heard the reply. "Tadashi, are you kidding me? I'm not even dressed yet! Give me a minute will you, I'd prefer you not to see me naked yet." The last bit was addressed at you, or so you assumed. You felt the burning feeling return to your cheeks. Hiro was still not aware how uncomfortable you made him. Tadashi smiled down at you in that big-brother way of his.

"He doesn't get it. Don't worry. I've gotta go, I'm off to SFIT -" He paused, frowning at you. "- hey, (Y/N), do you know what I'm talking about? SFIT is where I go to school. Listen, I gotta go. Maybe I can drop you back at Hikari's?"

"If you wanna stay, (Y/N), I'd love to hang out with you for the day." That was Hiro. He walked from behind the screen, dressed in a jacket and blue jeans. You turned to Tadashi, an apologetic look on your face.

"Sorry Tadashi, but I think I'm gonna stay."