Mistake

Quinn Pov -

I don't know why I got so nervous when Dylan asked me to skip. I'm confused that I actually did want to go with them. Even though I knew if I did I would feel the wrath of my mother when I got home. Good thing my mind kicked in and I said no. My mother would have beat me, I'm like her own personal punching bag. Since dad left us to be with another man.

I guess I deserve it for being such a screw up and disgrace. I'm the worst, I can't even do one thing right. She knows about me being gay and I'm surprised I'm even still alive, but I guess she is keeping me alive to torture me. In her eyes death would be too quick to end my suffering.

She hates me the most because I'm gay. When she found out she started to hurt me more often than she did when dad left. The reason we moved here in the first place is because a friend of mine in our last town found out what my mom was doing to me. When mom knew she had been found out she had us pack up everything that night and head out. We ended up moving here after a few days on the road.

Because my last friend is the reason we had to move mom said for me not to talk to anyone. She said if I did and she found out, she would beat me twice as hard as she normally does. That's why I don't want to think about anything but school. No friends, no love, no anything. I'm just supposed to walk around and not talk to anyone or look at anyone. I made a mistake talking with River and Dylan today. Tomorrow I will make sure it doesn't happen again. It is better that way anyways. This way they won't have to get into trouble because of me.