Chapter #6

I woke up and looked out the window. The sun was shining. I looked at my clock and it said 9 o'clock am. I got out of bed and picked up my phone off of my dresser. I had 2 texts. I looked at them. One of the texts was from Olivia. And one was from Nate. I read the text that Nate said first. He said: Hey. Good morning babe. Hope you have a great day. Have fun hanging out with your friends. I am going to hang out with Brandon and Matt. Give me a call tonight. Love you! :) I responded to Nate's text saying: Okay babe! Love you.  I read the text for Olivia. She said: Hey. I am going to pick you up around 12. Is that okay? I responded back: Hey. That is fine. See you then.

After reading the texts, I put my phone down and walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. Then I walked back into my room and looked for clothes. I picked out this top and these jeans. Then I put on some sandals. I then walked downstairs. "Hey mom", I said. "Hey sweetie. What are you doing today", she said. "I am going shopping and to the movies with Olivia at 12", I said. "Awesome. Well I hope you have fun", she said. She continued, "We are having the family over for a cookout if you want to invite your friends over". "Okay. I will text them and see if they can come? What time?", I told her. "Okay. Around 5:30", she said. "Okay", I said. "Well Olivia just texted me and said she is on her way", I told her. "Okay, you know your brother is coming with Whitney and they have a announcement", she said. "Okay. I really want to know what the announcement is", I said. "I do too", she said. "We just have to wait", I said. "Yeah", she said. "Well, Olivia is outside waiting for me", I said. "Okay, you have fun. Be safe", she said. "We will mom", I said while giving her a hug.

I walked out of the house and got into Olivia's car. "Hey girl", she said. "Hey", I said. "What have you been doing", she said. "Well just talking to my mom", I said. "Awesome", she said. "Hey. What are you doing tonight", I asked her. "Nothing. I believe", she said. "Well do you want to come over tonight for a cookout with my fam", I asked her. "Sure. Do you want me to bring anything", she asked. "Nope. Just yourself", I said. "Can I bring Brady", she asked. "Yeah. Anybody. Your parents can come if you want", I said. "Okay. I will ask my mom if that is okay", she said. "That's fine with me", I told her. So she called her mom while we were heading to the mall and the movies. I texted my friends. I texted Chloe, Angie, Gwen, Phoenix, Jordan, Kaitlyn, Julia, Catherine, Shannon, Riley, Peyton, Tessa, Peyton, Chloe, Micaelia, Carissa, and Madi. I texted Nate too cause my family wanted to meet him. After I texted all of them, I got all these replies. Everyone said they could come. Yay! After Olivia got off the phone, I told her that everyone that I texted could come. She was like "Yeah". "We can have a huge party", she said. "Yeah! I am glad my room is big enough and we have a big yard", I said.

We arrived at the mall. It was packed. There was barely any parking spaces left. We found a parking spot and then grabbed our wallets. We got out of the car and walked into the mall. First, we went to JC Penny. We didn't find really anything in there. Then we went to Forever 21. We found some stuff in there. Then we went to Bath and Body Works. That is my favorite store. I had a 50$ gift card for there so I got a lot of stuff. I got some hand sanitizer. Got some perfume. I also got some skin cream. I got soap for my bathroom. Olivia got some perfume and some soap. We checked out. Then we walked into Yankee Candle. I got four candles. One for me, one for my great grandma, one for my grandma, and one for my mom. Then we went into Claire's. We got some jewelry. I got a best friends necklace for Olivia and I, and Chloe and I. Then we went into a shoe store. I got some new flats and Olivia got some new sandals. Then we checked out. Around 1:45, we headed over to the movie theater. We are going to watch "Daddy's Home". We got a big bucket of popcorn and two drinks. Then we walked into room. We sat down and talked for a little. Then the movie started around 2. It's was hilarious.

After the movie, we walked back to the car. Then we went and got Sweet Frog. I love that place, so does Olivia. We then went back home. She just stayed at my house because the party was at 5:30. So we walked in and my grandma and grandpap were here. They yelled "Jess". I gave them a hug and I said, "This is Olivia. She is one of my best friends". My grandma said, "It is nice to meet you Olivia. We have heard a lot about you". "Have they been good things", Olivia said. "Yeah. Haha", my grandma said. We started laughing. Then my brother came with Whitney. I introduced Olivia to them. "Olivia, this is my brother Zach. And his wife Whitney", I told Olivia. "Nice to meet you both", Olivia told them. Then my aunt, uncle, and my little cousins came. They gave me a hug. "Hey Lillian. This is Olivia", I told Lillian. "Hi", Lilly said. Grace came up and said "Hi" to Olivia and I. We both said "Hi" at the same time. We started to laugh. Then all of our friends and more of our family started to come. Nate came with flowers for my grandma and mom. My mom was so happy. She gave him a hug. Then my older cousin asked who Nate was. I told her "He's Nate, my boyfriend". She said "Aww. So cute". She introduced herself to Nate. She said "Hi. I'm Lainey, Jess's cousin". Nate said "Nice to meet you Lainey. I'm Nate". Then we ate dinner. There was many choices of food to pick from. There was Martin's chicken. There was macaroni. There was pasta, rolls, pizza, dip, chips, fruit, and dessert. We had this huge table full of my friends. We were listening to music, talking, eating, having dessert, dancing, and anything else.

After everyone was done eating and from dessert, my mom said there was an announcement. My brother and his wife, Whitney got up and said "We have some news to tell you guys." Whitney said "We are expecting". Everyone started screaming and yelling. I was so happy that I am going to be an aunt and my mom was happy cause she is going to be a grandma. I ran up and hugged Whitney. I was like "Yeah. I am so happy for you guys. I am going to be an aunt". My grandma was screaming and so was my grandfather. Everyone was actually screaming. Everyone was so happy for them.