Learning

Learning

I grabbed dads old fishing rod as I ran out the door. With Killua calling out for me wait for him. I wait down on the road and see him hopping out of the doorway while he puts on his left shoe. Then, he falls face first on the dirt. He just stays laying there. Face first. On dirt. Weird.

I walk over, kneel down and start to poke the back of his head. "Come on Killua. You can't learn if your dead on the ground." I complain. He moved his head so his chin is on the ground he's looking up at me. "Sorry for dying." He apologizes spiting out dirt. "Hey!" I exclaim trying to get dirt off me. "And he's down!" "What? AGH!" He tackles me on to the ground, then starts to tickle me. "Ah. St-op! I c-cant tea-ch y-ou like thi-s!" I try to make him stop. He let's me go and sits on the ground. "But I was having fun!" He says innocently.

I stick my tongue to him. He returns my face. "You ok Gon?" He asks concerned. "I'm fine." I reply shaking off the dirt. "So. What are going to do?" He stands and walks over to me. "I'm going go teach you to fish." I reply swinging my fishing rod being my head. "Well let's go!"

•~•

"I got one!" Killua exclaimed. He held the flopping fish in his hands, trying not to drop it. It was almost sundown. "Hey I got an idea. Follow me. And bring the fish." I command. "Yes sir!" He follows.

I gather a bunch of sticks and give a sharp one to Killua. "Impale the fish." I hand him the fish. He does as told then hands it to me. I set up the fish over the pile of sticks. Then light it a fire. Cooking the fish. "Look, Killua." I point up. The stars shined brightly above us.

"Wow." He whispers.

5 Years Later

Gazing up at the sky, I still find it fascinating. I glance over to Killua. He has wide eyes and a smile across his face.

Its been 5 years since I met him at 7 years of age. We both grown. A lot. Now we're 12. It makes me think. How much time, I've been with 4 friends. Killua, Leorio and Kurapika. The exam was cool. And the Phantom Troupe was something.

But all I really want to do right now, is spend time with my best friend.