Chapter 1

©CRGangell aka Whitesabretooth

Edited by: PSbabygirl

Hi everyone

This is book 3 in the Twists of Fate series; this story hasn’t been modified and is in its original form. If you feel you can come up with a better blurb or cover please email me and I might use it.

Have Fun

Chapter 1

~Four years after Touch of the wolf. ~

Alanna tapped a beat on her thighs as she waited outside of the combined school she had gone to and now Sage was attending. She didn’t mind picking Sage up and them walking home together, it was always safer in numbers… or so her mother told them. Amy wasn’t referring to hate crimes, for those had curbed and were now a very rare thing. She was referring more to the fact that Sage was becoming quite attractive, despite her tomboyish attitude. Alanna heard the rev of a motor bike. She dipped her sun glasses down to rest at the bridge of her nose and took an exasperated look at the leather-clad man on the bike which was stopped on the same road before her, as a few other similarly clad bikers quickly followed suit. He smiled at her and gave her an appraising look.

Alanna had matured and flourished under Wolfgang and Amy’s care. Her skin was no longer deathly pale, unlike when she first joined them; she now sported a light olive tan, proof of her Italian heritage. Her body no longer looked like skin and bones due to the fact that she was no longer afraid of the people around her, which used to make her too sick to eat. Firm, lean muscles helped to give her shape and form that had men and women drooling as she walked by.

She shook her head and slid her sun glasses back up her nose to cover her green eyes. Her black hair was tied back in a pony tail that finished half way down her back. She was dressed simply in a pair of faded hip hugger jeans, a white peasant top, boots and a handbag finished her look, since she was no longer afraid of people seeing her scars and pitying her; she wore clothes that enhanced her natural assets to their fullest. She checked her watch; a few more moments and school would be out.

“Hey, sweet thing.” The man on the bike called out. “Want to go on the ride of your life?” His friends laughed and made crude comments to each other.

She sighed but continued to ignore them, a car horn beeped, trying to get the bikers to move on.

“Come on, sweet thing…” He started to say, trying to sway a better reaction from her.

She pulled her glasses off, feeling her wolf coming to the surface of her mind, her hackles up and her teeth bared. These men were dangerous; her instincts told her, an unfriendly growl rumbled in her chest. “Firstly…” she snapped, interrupting him. “I’m not yours, nor anybody else’s sweet thing.” She took a deep breath while looking behind him to include the bikers behind him in that statement. “Secondly… if I wanted a ride I would have taken a taxi.”

The men cracked up laughing, liking her attitude, a car horn sounded again.

“Okay, lady…” A different, fatter man started to placate her.

“Go away… now!” She told them firmly, her eyes shifted for a moment, turning golden. She was used to being the focus of male attention, not that she liked it but she accepted it. She normally let the admirers down gently but every now and again one of them would give her the creeps, the hairs on the back of her neck went up and she would react with aggression to push them back and let them know she could and would hurt them if they didn't back off.