Act 2 Scene 1 (3)

"Leonato: She mocks all her suitors so severely that they drop the suit." - Act 2 Scene 1

The four of them packed into the science classroom, down the other end of the school. Peyton flicked the light switch on to find Helena and Claude, attached at the mouth. Flicking the switch on and off again, Peyton leant against the doorframe, looking at the periodic table. Anything to avoid the couple groping each other against the diagram to the human anatomy.

"Oi!" she cried, "Stop making out!" Banging on the metal tap with a meter long ruler, Peyton finally got them to pull apart. "You've been together for literally five minutes. You've lived without each other for this long, you can spend a minute apart."

"Careful you're sounding like the troublesome two," Marlin said, sitting on one of the tables, hitching up his pants at the knees, further exposing his patterned socks.

"Pey, what are we here for?" Helena said, with a sigh; pushing back some of her hair.

"I have a plan..." She quickly realised that the lovers were too busy staring into each others' eyes to listen. "Disgusting lovebirds, you're almost as bad as Ben and Trix when they first got together...Speaking of the argumentative twins we need to set them up."

Helena startled. "But they hate each other," she said, crossing her arms.

"While they may Lena-"

"People call you Lena, that's so cute," Claude said, nuzzling her cheek.

Peyton threw a red whiteboard marker at them. It hit Claude who glared at her. "It's better than Trix's name for her - Hel. Anyways, in order to stop this endless bickering we need to set them up. There is a thin line between love and hate, all we need to do is prove it. Now in two days time, after the maths exam Helena and I shall convince Beatrix of Ben's undying love for her and you boys will do the same for Ben. Make sure they are overhearing this, considering Helena's acting skills it's best if it isn't face to face," Peyton said.

Marlin stood up, heading towards the door. "I like it. If Ben's not whining or studying he'll be at the oval. We'll attack him then. Now I think it's time to leave these two alone," he said.

Peyton followed him out, making sure to slam the door, before walking back to the hall to assist the clean-up of multi-coloured streamers and spilled food. The rest of the executive, still dressed up, with brooms and dustpans. Peyton took the plates of unfinished food, piling them together. A cry rang out. She turned her head to find their principal's representative covered in what seemed to be a cocktail of soft drinks. Much to Peyton's displeasure, her brother was standing next to the girl, holding empty plastic jugs, a small smirk on his face.

Peyton ran over, wrapping an arm around the soaking wet girl, glaring at her brother, as she escorted her out of the hall - leaving Marlin to deal with her twin.