20

** Just a quick warning, there will be a steamy scene in this chapter between Terry and Tessa. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. I will warn you about it before it starts and let you know when it is over.
-@Skittles1297
~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**
Terry's POV

My dreams were interrupted by a single, blood curdling scream and I shot up to my feet with my arms as blasters. Looking toward the source of the scream I witnessed Prowl getting mauled with kisses by. . . Jazz?!

The silver haired holoform of Optimus's old second in command was currently kissing Prowl on the lips fiercely and he slowly drew away saying, "I've wanted to do that for millennia!"

Everyone silently stared at the scene before us and I broke it with a shriek of my own as I was tackled by a heavily armored man! We tumbled across the grass before the man pinned me beneath his shear weight. I kept my eyes tightly closed as I waited to be mauled. . . but instead I received the biggest bear hug imaginable. What the frag?!

   A deep throated chuckle reached my ears and the man said, "That was quite a "battle cry" there, kid. That would've cared any Decepticons to the hills!"

   His sarcasm was enough for me to realize who this was and I let out another unmanly shriek, "Ironhide!?"

Ironhide's laughter rang out clear and pure as he ruffled my hair, "Good to see you again, Terrance! How's it going?" He winked at me gently as he drew me into a tender hug, "I'm glad you're making a swift recovery, kiddo."

My body trembled with sobs as I hugged this mech back with all the strength I could muster. This mech had fought beside me for cycles and we had a special 'brotherly' bond between us. I buried my face in his broad chest and whispered, "I missed you too, Hide. . . More than you'll ever know."

"Well, isn't this a touching scene before my--Ack!"

Everyone's mouths hung wide open as we saw Optimus tackling Ratchet in a bone crushing hug! The Prime and the medical expert remained locked in the embrace for a few more moments before Hide howled with laughter and said, "Ratchet has been keeping some serious secrets! What have you two been up too?"

Everyone laughed as Ratchet produced a very large wrench from somewhere on his person and threw it at Ironhide's head! I ducked and cowered against his chest and flinched as I heard a dull 'think' that signified that Ratchet had made contact with something. . .

"Oww! Ratchet, that wasn't necessary for the situation at hand now was it?!" Prowl grumbled as he rubbed his forehead with a scowl.

   Tessa laughed as she sat down beside Ironhide and myself saying gently, "So, this is the 'best shot' of the group?"

   Ironhide's entire body puffed up with pride at her words and I chuckled softly as he allowed me to sit up, "He has always had amazing shooting skills that have been surpassed by no one, as far as I know of."

   He smiled broadly and launched into the story of how he met Optimus all those millennia ago. Tessa was fascinated with every single detail and asked questions for almost the entire time. Ironhide answered them all with a patient voice and I had real trouble believing that Ratchet was related to this bot.

   The rest of the day was spent by telling old stories, jokes, and the telling of the many pranks Jazz used to play on Prowl. I sat to the right of Ironhide the entire day and Tessa occupied my lap while Jazz sat to my left. We all laughed to the point where we had tears in our eyes and I felt that Optimus was truly happy. I felt it through our bond and it made my spark hum with satisfaction.