26

SIDE. NOTE. SORRY FOR CHAPTER SPAM OOPS

shh, pretend you do not know of this, benjamin didn't want you to know about this so shhh okay?

I nodded, feeling a bit shocked. What did I even do to her? Was she using me as an excuse?

After what she has done to shooting star, oh no way will I fall for her tricks again.

"So you see, that was also partly why I was trying to contact you throughout the weekend. I thought the both of you have become a pair and were avoiding my calls!" He shook his finger, just like how a mother would scold his child when he broke her favourite vase.

"But then you just said you actually have a girlfriend, so." he shrugged.

I nodded. Oh if you were wondering. I was obviously not paying attention. Haha.

"Yeah I do. Well, I will just go ask Bridgette later." I shrugged back.

Louis looked at me with a warning glare. I looked behind me to find Benjamin boring holes on my back with that steely glare of his. I looked back instantly.

"Oh no."

Benjamin has never liked me, and now he hates me even further. Guess he would take revenge on me somehow.

"Yeah." Louis agreed, motioning to the back.

"Oh no. You've angered him."

---

Afterwards, I just kind of hung around Louis. It was surprising how much I knew more about him from a talk. Afterwards, he revealed to me that Benjamin also kind of bore a grudge on him, which explains why he felt a bit detached from the basketball gang.

And also because of the fact that Benjamin didn't like him, the rest didn't too.

Then I came along, completing the group of 6.

"Yeah, I am sorry if I just put you in a bad light or something I hope you are not offended-"

"It's okay," I said reassuringly. He smiled.

"Honestly, I really like you Bill. You have a great personality."

"Well, to be honest, I kind of respected you when I knew that you were the only one that wasn't a playboy in the group," I said, finally revealing my honest thoughts.

"Girls have never really been my thing, although I want to find one and really settle down. Just like you."

"She will come at the right time," I assured. He shrugged.

I decided that from now on, Louis would be my good ol' pal.

The bell rang. Onward to the next period.

"Let's go," Louis said, packing his stuff. I followed after him.

Then, my phone buzzed.

1 new message

' hey bill I'm not going to join you for lunch today, going out with someone else. don't worry I love you and I will explain it to you later ;) '

She winked, so it must not be something serious. I placed my phone in my bag.

"Hey Bill!!" Came an enthusiastic voice behind me.

I turned around.

Who else could it be but her? And her sidekick, I'm guessing.

"Hi Bridgette." I said, a bit coldly. She noticed it, and her long, probably fake eyelashes.

"Oh. What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing. Well I just going to go off to class now with Louis. See you later."

"Okay. See you later Bill." She replied.

I didn't turn back to acknowledge her.