Chapter 14.

"Well, this is awkward..." Natasha smirked, lifting her head to see Steve standing up from the ground. As he stood, she looked back at the screen, finishing what she was doing. H

"What are you doing?" He asked, walking over.

"Backing up the hard drive. It's a good habit to get into." She said still carrying on what she was doing.

"Rumlow needed your help. What the hell are you doing here?" Steve eebt over to Natasha and looked at what Natasha was backing up. "You're saving SHIELD Intel."

"Whatever I can get my hands on."

"Our mission is to rescue hostages." Steve said back to her.

"No. That's your mission." Natasha said to him and she finished backing up and pulled the flash drive out. "And you've done it beautifully." She smirked and Natasha went to leave, however Steve grabbed her arm.

"You just jeopardized this whole operation."

"I think that's overstating things." Suddenly Batroc rises and throws a grenade at the two as he ran off, Steve deflected the bomb with his shield, grabbed Natasha, and jumped through a window before it explodes. "Okay. That one's on me."

"You damn right." He sighed and Steve got up and left in anger.

*********

The Triskelion, S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters; Steve walked into Fury's office. "You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?"

"I didn't lie. Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." Nick said simply, sitting in his leather black chair.

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve said still looking down at nick.

"I'm not obliged to do anything."

"Those hostages could've died, Nick."

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury said.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys running around and shooting guns." Steve told him.

"The last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Furry snapped, standing from his chair.

"I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their owns."

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets because nobody knows them all." Fury said.

"Except you."

"You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that." Fury stepped into an elevator with Steve following behind him.