Chapter 1

Click, clack, click, clack.

 Ava's computer keys make a crisp sound that soothes her as she types, pouring out her anger into her writing. She picks up her milkshake off the floor next to her mattress and takes a long, satisfying drink. Her cat, Sebby, curls up next to her, purring and nuzzling her leg. She pushes some of her hair behind her ear as she continued typing.

 The teen titans, as you may know, have hit too close to home for my liking. Due to the damages caused by one of their fights, I have had to move from my childhood home to this drab old apartment. Sure, with the merchandise I was able to recover from my ruined home it's more appealing, and sleeping on only a twin bed mattress isn't terrible, but it's the memories I miss. In that home I first arrived as a baby, I've invited friends over, spent countless times in our back yard making memories. Now, I am confined to this little space. Despite my strong desire to exact revenge, I know it's not acceptable. So, I urge you dear readers to start a fund raiser of some sort. Get the funds to help people back on their feet after disasters caused by the titans. While I sincerely hope they feel guilt for what they've done, I know deep down that they never will. These heartless heroes have destroyed my home beyond repair, and have put themselves beyond forgiveness. They may have "saved the day", but at what price? Is it not possible to put more effort into moving the threat further from civilian homes? Think on that, my precious readers.

-R

Rourk, Ava's last name. Her name was one thing she liked about herself, she always thought it had a nice ring to it.

 Yawning, she looked at the clock,"2:00am...time for bed, Sebby."

And with that, the teen sat her laptop aside before slipping into her dreams, dozing off to the sounds of the city.

 "Junk, junk, junk, junk," Beastboy muttered as he sorted through mail, tossing "junk" (bills and anything else not related to game magazines or fan letters) at Cyborg as he did so. "Junk, Ju-Eyyy, fan letter for...everyone!"

Starfire and Cyborg arrived at Beastboy's side almost immediately, while Robin took his time and Raven never appeared.

Tearing open the letter carelessly, Beastboy pulled out what it contained,"Dear Titans, you cold-hearted monsters...are they sure they have the right titans?"

Robin snatched the letter and read through it, furrowing his eyebrows at what it contained,"That's the fifth this month."

When the other teammates looked surprised, he continued,"I've been getting the mail for the past few weeks, remember? I wake up earlier than all of you, Beastboy just happened to get up first today. I didn't want to bring this up, but I've been opening all the fanmail."

"Robin!" They shouted.

"After I saw the first, I didn't want anyone to take what some people say to heart, that's all. The quantity of hate mail we're getting is becoming alarming, though."

"There's more..." Starfire mumbled, while looking through no less than six letters addressed to them, all containing furious writing. One child even drew a picture of the tower burning with the group inside.

"Let's see if anyone's addressed this, okay? If not, it might even be the same person trying to make us think we're hated by everyone." Robin said rationally, turning on the tv.

"A group of college students have gathered outside the mall, protesting the sale of t shirts with depictions of Teen Titan team members on the front. Authorities are attempting to control the situation, and encourage not only other civilians, but the titans themselves to stay away," a news woman said, accompanied by a clip in the background of the issue. The screen switched over to a police officer being interviewed.

"While we all know the team can handle themselves, we don't want them getting involved here. Not only could this bring about danger for other civilians, but if one of the protestors was hurt while a titan defended their self, it could make the situation worse. Please, sit out on this one." The man urged.

"What. The. Fuck." Ava groaned, watching tv in the living room. In the course of a month, her last work published anonymously online had caused not only issues online, but now had begun translating to reality. Not what she had intended. In fact, she had specifically said attacking them was a BAD idea.

"Watch your mouth, or I'll tell Aunt Sarah," Her cousin, Carter, warned, leaning back with his feet propped up on the coffee table.

"You never let me do anything," Ava pouted, crossing her arms.

"Whatever," Carter muttered. "Go make me a sammich or something."

"Make your own sandwich, I'm going out." Ava said, marching off to her room to get her wallet.

"No you're not!" Carter shouted, following her. "Aunt Sarah said-"

"I don't care, get out of my room!" Ava yelled, pushing Carter out and locking the door.

"How do you plan to leave locked up in your room, eh?" Carter asked, leaning against the door.

"...I'll just sit in here until you leave, then so will I!" Ava said, feigning ignorance.

"Well I'm not leaving this spot!" Carter said with a grin.

 Ava grinned to herself, pushing her wallet into her pocket and grabbing her hoodie. She looked in the mirror for a moment, wondering if she should at least put on makeup or something, or clean her glasses. Shaking her head and deciding she should move quickly, she pulled her hoodie on and approached the window. After opening it as quietly as she could, she stuck her head out.

 Her windowsill sat about a foot from the fire escape. Since this windowsill protruded outward just enough for her to stand on it, she could climb onto the fire escape and walk out. However, she'd have to do it quickly if she wanted to avoid becoming a pancake on the ground or her cousin seeing her. 

 Taking a deep breath, she acted fast. Ava climbed up onto the windowsill, standing on her toes. The girl leaned forward just enough to grab the railing, nearly missing. Sighing in relief, she let herself drop onto a lower part of the fire escape, landing safely. She ran down to the bottom, before looking back up. Deciding leaving her window open would give her away, she went back up with a large stick and carefully closed it. Satisfied with her work, Ava ran off into the city.